“Incredible Stay”

Ranked #2 of 37 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Incredible Stay”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I can not express enough, the Joy i had staying at Casa Sirena. Steve...You are the Best. I felt so comfortable and Please make sure Jose knows how much I appreciated his Efforts and Skills. Breakfast each morning was Delicious, wandering the Island each day was the Best Adventure(s) i have had yet. Casa Sirena's Rooms and Amenities, were Beyond my expectation and I Could not have expected more...Thank You for Making my Stay so Memorable and Delightful. I will be Back...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chuckowner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife Mary Ann and I just spent two glorious weeks on Isla Mujeres staying at Casa Sirena for the fourth year in a row. This is the best small hotel on the island (actually anywhere we've been) and it just gets better and better each year. The staff at Casa Sirena is the best! The breakfasts are absolutely outstanding, a wonderful variety from day to day and presented beautifully. Steve Broin, the owner and manager, pays incredible attention to detail and provides his guests with a relaxing, wonderful experience. One of the best parts of the day at Casa Sirena is the amazing happy hour at the rooftop bar. Like homemade margaritas? He makes the best! Want something else to drink instead? Just ask! Another wonderful aspect about staying at Casa Sirena is the opportunity to meet the other guests, at breakfast and at happy hour. People from all over the world stay at Casa Sirena and you will make new friends while there. You might even see people from home that you haven't seen for many years, as happened with this year with Mary Ann and me. We love Steve and Casa Sirena and you will too. Just don't wait too long to make reservations as the hotel gets booked pretty far in advance. You won't regret your decision to stay with Steve at Casa Sirena.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms on the website as they are all different. Beds in all rooms are great, views are...
1 Thank Lee F
Minnesota
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Just home from 5 days in what is the best B&B on the planet. The reason: Steve, Happy Hour, Happy Hour, Happy Hour, House Staff, Breakfast, Beyond Comfy Rooms, Isla itself and each time I stay I meet such great people also staying at the house. I really enjoy that I feel like I'm staying with friends and not a typical hotel/B&B.
I'm already figuring out the next trip once again as I watch my Isla tan fade to MN pale once again.
Thanks Steve for everything! None like you!

Room Tip: You won't find a bad room but #3 has two rooms if you want that little extra space or traveling...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed across the street from Casa Sirena at the delightful Casa El Pio. Stephen, the owner and manager of Casa Sirena, was helping out at Casa El Pio as the owners were between managers. He was absolutely wonderful and invited us to join the fun at the nightly Casa Sirena happy hour on the roof. We had so much fun at Casa Sirena! The drinks and snacks were amazing. It was a kick to meet the Casa Sirena guests and hear about their adventures on the island. Casa Sirena books up fast, so plan in advance. We'll be staying there next time we get down to Isla Mujeres!

1 Thank Jane_F182
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

if you're reading this review, you've probably seen several already that mention the proprietor steve. well, it comes with good reason. the care and attention to detail that steve puts into his property--from the immaculate rooms to the dangerously delicious happy hour cocktails--are highly deserving of one of the best ratings on tripadvisor. but my favorite thing about casa sirena is the trust that steve has in the people who stay there. want a beer? grab one. feel like staying out on the roofdeck when no one else is there? just close the door on your way out. that freedom to enjoy the property makes it feel really special. respect it, don't be crazy loud and annoying about it, and you'll have a great time.

1 Thank aminzaday
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our Casa Sirena experience so very much. Here's why:
- Comfortable room free of TV
- Every Day a different towel animal friend greeted us from its bed-top perch
- Mexican speciality or American standard breakfast was served to us every morning
- Concierge helped us book ground transportation from the Cancun airport to the Isla Mujeres ferry landing
- Concierge also helped us book ground transportation form the Isla Mujeres ferry landing to Playa del Carmen for the second leg our our vacation
- Steve, the proprietor, hosted a great Happy Hour every night. He mixed great tropical drinks, snacks and witty banter
- Steve recommended places to visit that we would never have found were we not guests of the Casa Sirena

Bottom Line: Casa Sirena and Isla Mujeres provided an enjoyable respite from the crowded resort areas along the Mexican Riveria.

PS: to the reviewer. We stayed in January, 2013. I know I am two weeks late but please forgive my tardiness and post this review with a date of Jan 2013. Thanks! Alan

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amwMinnesota
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I attended several events here due to the welcoming and generous nature of Steve, the proprietor. I would stay here in a heartbeat during another trip to paradise. The inn is a welcoming environment, from the base floor garden area all the way to the rooftop bar and top level dance floor! The food was great, the margaritas were better, and the festivities were top notch. I was there over holidays, so while I do not think it is a "party every night" it sure was fun. Just read the other reviews to confirm that this place is truly outstanding.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo