“As boutique as it gets!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Sirena Hotel

Casa Sirena Hotel
Ranked #2 of 34 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“As boutique as it gets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

If you want to while away your time on this island in impersonal anonymity then Casa Sirena is probably not for you. There are just 6 rooms and a very welcoming owner who encourages all guests to indulge in complementary margaritas and taquilla shots at the roof bar each evening!

We had a lovely time - the service was wonderfully personal, the staff were excellent, the setting was great and the island was beautiful. All the guests were super friendly and anything we needed could be provided for. Often people were serial guests at the hotel - testament to it's quality.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sapphire-alice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can't even tell you in words how awesome our stay was at Casa Sirena! We met so many great people while staying there and Steve is definitely the host with the most!! The breakfasts every morning were delicious and the happy hours on the beautiful rood top bar were a highlight to our day. Steve even took us to some amazing restaurants, some of the best damn mexican food I have ever had in my entire life. Make sure he take you to El Charco....let him order for you....he will NOT disappoint. We will 100% be back again and again. This was me and my boyfriends first trip to Mexico and it won't be out last. The rooms were great, clean and AIR CONDITIONED!!! Trust me.....you'll love it. Great location - easy access to everything and just a short walk to the best beaches on the island. A++++

Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
It is always fun to be a restaurant "matchmaker" for my guests. The most memorable dining experiences may not always be the best-reviewed nor the highest ranked, but rather a special little place selected just for you to fall in love with
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have travelled extensively and can tell you that our stay at Casa Sirena was wonderful. I really appreciated that Steve sat down and reviewed all the house policies, breakfast times, happy hour times, etc. I've never had anyone be so thorough before and it pays off! It helps everyone understand how to help each other have a wonderful stay. All common sense stuff but it really helped.

We had the delightful experience of meeting Steve's mother, an amazingly energetic woman! I won't reveal her age but I was stunned. She's awesome! We also got to meet Steve's delightful partner Dennis and his little poodle. My wife and I feel like we really got the bonus prize with the two of them.

I cannot say enough about Casa Sirena and Steve. Everything is, in a word, superb! Breakfast was delightful every morning, happy hour, I think it is mandatory, is a blast! One evening it was just my wife, myself and Steve. It was hysterical. We also wanted to purchase a nice piece of silver jewelry for my wife. Steve directed us to a dealer who was excellent and the quality of the piece we purchased and the price we paid was terrific. Also, Steve is a wealth of information on where to eat, from food carts right down the street to terrific beach front dining. Steve knows them all.

Bottom line, if you want a B&B that is wonderful, this is the place. Stay here, you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and were very pleased with our room. There is not a bad room here, eac...
1 Thank Jekadad
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I think we are officially addicted....this was our third visit to Casa Sirena in one year! We have now celebrated my husbands 50th birthday, our 15th anniversary, and my 40th birthday here! Once again, all we can say is, "Wow". The hospitality is spot on, the hotel itself is quaint, lovely, and incredibly clean. The breakfasts would be the highlight of the day, if it weren't for happy hour every night on the roof! Steve (the owner, bartender and host with the most) always makes us feel special and welcomes us like old friends. Do yourself a favor and stay here....as far as I'm concerned there is no other place to stay on Isla!

2 Thank Ashlie A
Merida, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Casa Sirena. The location is outstanding near great restaurants, shops, and beaches but tucked down a quiet street. We enjoyed sitting with our morning coffee on the private terrace overlooking the great water view. The breakfasts were delicious and creative, and Steve's happy hours at the rooftop bar were great fun. We particularly enjoyed the rooftop pool each afternoon following a day of biking or walking. Since the beach is one of the main attractions, Steve thoughtfully provides maps, beach bag, and towels for his guests. We'll be back.

1 Thank Steve B
Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We just returned from Isla Mujeres where we stayed at Casa Sirena. As B&B owners ourselves, this was one of the best place we have ever stayed. The location is perfect, just steps to all the downtown restaurants and shops, near the beaches, and yet in a quiet location. Breakfasts, which are included, were hearty and very well prepared. Our room had a queen bed and a private terrace with an ocean view. And every evening Steve offers a free happy hour in his wonderful rooftop bar. All Steve's recommendations were good, and it was nice to return to Casa Sirena after dinner or shopping to our choice of two pools. Can't say enough about Steve and Casa Sirena. We WILL be back.

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We’d stayed in 2 places prior to Casa Sirena on the trip and we decided to treat ourselves to this gorgeous place for the last 3 nights of the trip. The owner clearly takes great pride in it and he’s thought of everything! I especially loved all the art work!

The location is great! Steps from the zocalo and the malecon which is such a great place to go for a walk.

We had room 1 and room 3. They are beautifully decorated. Room 3 has a balcony facing the eastern malecon (my favourite side of the island) and is a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom. Room 1 overlooks the courtyard and has a fantastic little terrace. Each room had a mini fridge that was stocked daily with 2 waters and 2 beers I believe. There was a safe in each room. I think there might have been hair dryers and irons in them as well but sorry I’m not 100% sure.

There are 2 little pools and they were great..these aren’t for swimming lengths/laps they’re for sitting around and being lazy. The pool in the lower courtyard is deeper than it looks..I learned that pretty fast lol. What a great place to be lazy.

Every day breakfast was something different and it’s served on the main floor. There’s a beautiful dining room or in the courtyard. There’s also serve yourself coffee and tea.

The roof terrace has the bar, bathroom, hammocks, pool, loungers, regular chairs, music system..it’s 54 steps from the main floor to the top and is not a bad climb at all just take your time. I really liked being up there..fantastic views all around. This is also where the daily happy hour takes place. There’s beer, wine, margaritas etc. along with delicious fresh made snacks like guac.

I’m really glad I stayed there and highly recommend it. What a gorgeous place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family