“5th Visit = 5th Amazing Stay”
Review of Casa Sirena Hotel

Casa Sirena Hotel
Ranked #2 of 37 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“5th Visit = 5th Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Ditto my previous reviews for Casa Sirena. The property is immaculate. Steve and his staff go above and beyond. The detail and care is evident from the guest rooms, to breakfast and to happy hour. Getting to know Steve over the past 5 visits has been a pleasure. As always, we hope to return soon!

Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
One of my greatest joys as an innkeeper is when returning guests become friends...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this little gem for 5 nights in June during our 17 days travel in Mexico..
All of our high expectations were satisfied at Casa Sirena! The breakfast meals were the perfect start for a day of exploring the beautiful, calm island. The food was fresh, delicious, tasty and cooked to order and I still dream of those yummy hot cakes and crepes!

The happy hour on the roof top terrace is a great place to meet new people and exchange tips and recommendations for things to do and see in Mexico. Steve makes the best margharitas and serves freshly made guacamole, salsa and chips.

We had booked room 1 which has a rather large balcony with a couch facing the town. We didn't spend much time here, but it was a nice place to relax.
The room was cleaned to perfection every day with new towel animals greeting us on the bed :-)

All in all, we loved the hotel, and Steve is a wonderfull host who will make sure that you feel at home and that you enjoy your stay!

We hope to come back someday.

1 Thank Dea J
Richmond VA
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The team at Casa Sirena does a great job making you feel welcome and helping you find the sites, food, and adventures that you seek while on Isla Mujeres. I traveled from N Carolina to visit with a Mexican friend from Merida at Sirena, and we both felt right at home. Thank you so much!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

If you want to while away your time on this island in impersonal anonymity then Casa Sirena is probably not for you. There are just 6 rooms and a very welcoming owner who encourages all guests to indulge in complementary margaritas and taquilla shots at the roof bar each evening!

We had a lovely time - the service was wonderfully personal, the staff were excellent, the setting was great and the island was beautiful. All the guests were super friendly and anything we needed could be provided for. Often people were serial guests at the hotel - testament to it's quality.

Highly recommended.

1 Thank sapphire-alice
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can't even tell you in words how awesome our stay was at Casa Sirena! We met so many great people while staying there and Steve is definitely the host with the most!! The breakfasts every morning were delicious and the happy hours on the beautiful rood top bar were a highlight to our day. Steve even took us to some amazing restaurants, some of the best damn mexican food I have ever had in my entire life. Make sure he take you to El Charco....let him order for you....he will NOT disappoint. We will 100% be back again and again. This was me and my boyfriends first trip to Mexico and it won't be out last. The rooms were great, clean and AIR CONDITIONED!!! Trust me.....you'll love it. Great location - easy access to everything and just a short walk to the best beaches on the island. A++++

Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
It is always fun to be a restaurant "matchmaker" for my guests. The most memorable dining experiences may not always be the best-reviewed nor the highest ranked, but rather a special little place selected just for you to fall in love with
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have travelled extensively and can tell you that our stay at Casa Sirena was wonderful. I really appreciated that Steve sat down and reviewed all the house policies, breakfast times, happy hour times, etc. I've never had anyone be so thorough before and it pays off! It helps everyone understand how to help each other have a wonderful stay. All common sense stuff but it really helped.

We had the delightful experience of meeting Steve's mother, an amazingly energetic woman! I won't reveal her age but I was stunned. She's awesome! We also got to meet Steve's delightful partner Dennis and his little poodle. My wife and I feel like we really got the bonus prize with the two of them.

I cannot say enough about Casa Sirena and Steve. Everything is, in a word, superb! Breakfast was delightful every morning, happy hour, I think it is mandatory, is a blast! One evening it was just my wife, myself and Steve. It was hysterical. We also wanted to purchase a nice piece of silver jewelry for my wife. Steve directed us to a dealer who was excellent and the quality of the piece we purchased and the price we paid was terrific. Also, Steve is a wealth of information on where to eat, from food carts right down the street to terrific beach front dining. Steve knows them all.

Bottom line, if you want a B&B that is wonderful, this is the place. Stay here, you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and were very pleased with our room. There is not a bad room here, eac...
1 Thank Jekadad
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I think we are officially addicted....this was our third visit to Casa Sirena in one year! We have now celebrated my husbands 50th birthday, our 15th anniversary, and my 40th birthday here! Once again, all we can say is, "Wow". The hospitality is spot on, the hotel itself is quaint, lovely, and incredibly clean. The breakfasts would be the highlight of the day, if it weren't for happy hour every night on the roof! Steve (the owner, bartender and host with the most) always makes us feel special and welcomes us like old friends. Do yourself a favor and stay here....as far as I'm concerned there is no other place to stay on Isla!

2 Thank Ashlie A