“Great place!”

Ruben's Restaurant Isla Mujeres
Ranked #10 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great place!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great service, great food, great prices! Ruben & staff were very friendly. Our 1st visit We had chips & yummy guac and one of the lunch specials (grilled fish, rice, beans). It was so good we went back for breakfast the next morning.. I had huevos motuleños, husband had pancakes - both were fantastic.

• Hebrew first
Burleson, Texas
“Amazing specials, Prices very reasonable, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is directly across from the Mercado. My husband and I stopped to try the lunch special at the recommendation of a local!The special was 75 pesos. The salad was very, very fresh with blanched (lightly steamed) broccoli and assorted other very fresh vegetables - delightful (the salad dressings are all homemade!). Then we followed this with broccoli soup - divine. We both enjoyed the fish with different seasonings - both were absolutely tasty. For several days after our group ate at Ruben's at different times (breakfast, lunch) with never a disappointment! We will definitely eat at Ruben's again. The staff speaks very good English and all are very sweet.

1 Thank Marsha S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific Food & Staff!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

One of the best off-the-path restaurants ever. The variety of food is great, prices are great and the staff is very accommodating. The waiter was extremely friendly, spoke English well, and was attentive. The vegetarian options are tasty and the cook is willing to adjust the ingredients to your dietary needs. On Ave. Guerrero, across from the Loncherias. Blink and you miss it! They open early and have a great breakfast menu.

1 Thank gilbert m
Denver, Colorado
“Great Food”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The two times I ate at Ruben's I had the special of the day for 75 pesos. The salad bar was small but filled all my needs with lettuce, beets, carrots, tomatoes etc. The soup was very tasty. There were many choices for the entree. I had fish fixed in two different ways. The meals were delicious. The people there were very nice and took care of the customers as fast as possible.

At this time, there are not many tables. I hope there is a table for me when I go back to Isla.

Visited May 2014

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ShinyJo
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Best restaurant in town, hands down. ”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I can easily say that Rubins is the best restaurant we ate at in Isla Mujeres. Amazing food, great staff, and CHEAP! All meals are large portions, staff is very friendly and speak English (they can pretty much make anything you ask for), and the prices are the cheapest we found in town. We ate there 4 times in 2 days, just so you get the point. Breakfast lunch and dinner...

1 Thank Edden R