“Would never dive with anyone else”
Review of Carey Dive Center

Carey Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Carey Dive Center PADI Dive Resort #23814 is one of the most well-established and experienced dive shops on the island. We specialize in PADI diving courses, families, groups and private trips. We not only offer diving, but also snorkeling, fishing, whale shark tours and cenote excursions. Gilberto Pat Hoil is the PADI scuba dive instructor and owner at Carey Dive Center. He has been awarded by PADI for 20 years of outstanding service. He is one of the most experienced scuba dive instructors in Isla Mujeres.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have been diving on Isla for 14 years with many different dive companies. I have seen them come and go. I have had some good and bad experiences on the island. I found Giberto about 4 years ago and will never use anyone else. He and his staff are always polite, prompt, knowledgable, and attentive your needs. This was especially true this last spring break when my fried Jay and I decided to introduce our 4 sons to scuba. We each have 2 ages 15 and 12. The older ones had gone once before with Gilberto and it was amazing. Gilberto and his staff spent all the time necessary to make sure our sons were ready and prepared for there first dive in the ocean. Although they all are water bugs, it's very different in the ocean on your first dive. They were extremely patient throughout and both dives were excellent. Our boys can't wait until we return to Isla this summer to dive again. They helped instill a love and respect for the sport and the beautiful sites we visited underwater. We have already made plans to return and have all 4 boys get their dive training with Carey Dive Center. Thank you Gilberto. Hope to see you again soon.

2  Thank David F
KittyMoPink, Public Relations Manager at Carey Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thanks for your review! We are happy you had a good time diving with us. See you again soon!

All reviews
in 40 reviews
"shop"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I dive with Carey in March. They were a great dive centre. The centre is organised well, even with lockers for your dive kit, the boat is across the road. The kit was all organised and carried for me. Gilberto and Rudolfo were enthusiastic guides. The dive centre was very responsive to my many emails. I did the underground museum - a cool experience and some reefs. The night dive with turtles is a must and after all these years it's in the top 10 of my dives ever. I highly recommend these guys.

1  Thank jonssey
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had a great dive trip with Carey's! I went to the Underwater Museum and Atlantis reef with Cindy and had a great time. Carey's can take you anywhere to dive. They offer a full range of PADI courses if you want to get certified or they can just take you on a great dive.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I just did my advanced diver course with Gilberto at Carey. He is a great instructor, we finished the course with more confidence and ability than we would have expected from such a short course. We did several dives with Carey after the course was finished. The staff is great, they were friendly, informative and genuine. The dive masters are top notch. We dove a lot with Rudolpho his knowledge of the reef and his ability to call fish in was a huge bonus. If you want to dive with small groups and good people, I highly recommend this place. It's a class act all the way.
Thanks Gilberto, We will miss you guys.