“Well Recommended”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Well Recommended”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by some friends and it more than lived up to our expectations. The service was great, the food excellent and it wasn't too expensive. If my stay here was longer I would definitely go back again.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Montreal
“I Dream of Olivia”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We live in Montreal where we are spoiled with great Lebanese and Mediterranean food. Our good friend had told us Olivia was a must but we missed it on our last trip so made sure to go a few weeks ago when we returned to Isla.
In a time where food is so trendy and the words "best" and "epic" are tossed around for every instagrammed meal out there, I almost feel obnoxious saying that Olivia is one one the best meals I have had!
I could eat tapas for every meal for the rest of my life. Olivias fresh pitas, hummus, tzatziki and cheeses were a dream for me. We polished off all appetizers and barely had room for our brochettes but the meat and flavors were so good we stuffed that all in too. Really tasty kafta and chicken.
Margaritas were made fresh and were super tasty. I only wish I had room for dessert!
On top of the amazing food, the service and atmosphere were wonderful.
I can't wait to go back to Olivia. It was the best meal we ate on our trip and one of the nicest meals I have enjoyed in a long time!

1 Thank mtl_habs_fan
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good flavours, great service ”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

What a nice surprise!!! The menu options are very good. The service is very good also, friendly, honest and efficient!

Creative atmosphere.
We all wanted to repeat our visit the next day!!!

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Unexpectedly good”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This restaurant caters to European travelers and this is both its strength and weakness. Unlike other establishments, it greets with English and most customers and servers speak English. Thus the food, service, and prices reflect expectations for a more American-style service. I have walked by this restaurant on two other visits to the isla without really wanting to go in because it makes me feel like I am not in Mexico and they serve Mediterranean flavors, which I love, but usually don't crave there. Long story short, we had an excellent meal, especially the grilled meats and a chicken-olive dish that was unusualy hearty and had a rich, almost stew-like consistency. I'm glad we tried it. Really cute patio area in the back that felt tucked away from the street and well-decorated.

Visited November 2013
Merida, Yucatan
“Am going back!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Excellent atmosphere in a beautiful restaurant. Prompt service. Great food and a lively conversation with the owner!

I had the Pastilla. The filo dough pastry crust was perfect and the savory meat, crunchy pastry and sweet spices was right out of Morocco!

They found us a perfect bottle of Malbec. Well priced. Very nice.

The Baklava desert was perfect. Nutty and not to sweet.

There was so much stuff on the menu I was dying to try that we will just have to go back. Oink!

Make sure you a make a reservation! It is slow season here in November and this place was packed!