We have been to other Palace resorts and had our wedding at the Beach Palace a few years ago(AWESOME by the way).
We wanted to experience Isla Mujeres so we decided to stay at the palace resort on the island.
We booked our transfers with Palace as well because it is a bit tricky to get to ferry terminal and then from there to the resort.
Long story short they never picked us up.
After 2 hours on the phone and endless excuses we just took a taxi and went on our own.
I explained the situation to Danielle the manager when we arrived.
He apologized but said it is a company that they hire and it was beyond his control.
after pressing them for a reason every day why this happened he finally admitted they simply forgot us.....nbice.
Now on to the resort.
Rooms are the same as all the other palace resorts and are very nice.
Common areas are nice and well kept.
Pool is nice but no sun past 4 pm on the pool.
Sports equipment is old and broken.
Pool and beach chairs are the white plastic with blue vinyl.
That is more of a 3 star type chair than a 5 star.( picky i know but just an honest observation.)
Beach has nice sand but very weedy ocean.
We went to Playa Norte every day....beautiful!
The Palace is located in the middle of no where which isn't always a bad thing but in this case it just means you have to rent a golf cart or cab it into the Centro or to any excursions you want to hit.
Our biggest issue was with the food.
The occupancy was very low when we were there....a few days there were only 8 couples booked in the resort.
There is only 1 option for restaurants and the menu is the same as room service and it is repeated at nauseaum.
Same menu and buffets every day.
We sat at breakfast with no other couples in the entire restaurant and received NO service for the entire 45 min. we ate.
No coffee no drinks no water....nothing??
The hostess sat us and that was the last we seen of any service staff until 20 min later we went to the bar where 3 of them sat and chatted and got our own drinks and took them back to the table.
We finished up and went to talk to the manager....again.
We are extremely laid back guests and not demanding or expect to be treated like royalty, but being able to get a coffee at breakfast i didnt think was too much to ask.
Because there was very few people in the pool there was no bartender at the swim up bar.
I stood there for 10 min until he seen me from his seat in the restaurant and came running.
Again not the end of the world but for a 5 star resort it is something we have never experienced before.
We finallty left and went to Pivilege Aluxes and enjoyed the remainder of our trip.
Danielle....go visit that resort and see how they treat their guests....that is impressive.
We absolutely loved Isla Mujeres and the food and culture is amazing!
Unfortunately the Palace was the least favorite part of the holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres