My wife and I recently spent a week at the resort and it was very relaxing. We had previously been to the Aventura Spa Palace resort and loved it, so we had high expectations. The staff were terrific, particularly Wilma and Rosa. Jose and Ulysses were also very good. The ride in on the private yacht, was amazing and made you feel very pampered. The resort itself was quiet, and had very limited options for things to do, particularly at night. On the plus side, it was never difficult to get a prime spot by the pool. Issac, who was the scuba and snorkel guy provided fantastic service and was always very friendly and upbeat.
The food was a huge let down.
The breakfast and lunch buffets were small and very limited. We would often have a late lunch or breakfast, and by the time we got there, the options that were left were slim to non. Not a sign of guacamoli the entire week, which I found surprising.
The evening meals were good but the selection was very limited. It was the same Italian menu every night, with about four or five main course options on it. There was a choice of a second menu that rotated (we saw three the entire week) and they had an additional two main course options.
This resort is fine, but not worth the cost that you pay to stay here. More like a 3 star to me.
The only saving grace to me was the excellent staff and the service that they provide.
Will go back to palace resorts, but not to this one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres