My husband and I stayed at the Isla Mujeres Palace over Christmas. Reviews neglected to mention albeit an adult only property, the hotel is flanked on either side by destination large party boats who operate daily excursions to adjoining beaches. Large party crowds of adult, families and singles descend onto the adjoining beaches and it's party time from noon to midnight. Pounding music, voice overs and meandering guests walk along the beachfront in front of the hotel as you try to quietly rest. The food was disappointing, repetitive, boring and unimaginative. The staff were pleasant and eager to please but beverage orders from time to time would either be forgotten, or take more than 20 minutes to arrive at your table or the beach. OK hotel but not standard of other Palace properties. Spa and salon services as advertised were not consistently available. Room service and housekeeping services weren't reliable and required follow up calls or visits to the front desk. The staff have big hearts and open smiles but this property needs a strong talented manager to focus and train staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelbag, Odigeo, Holiday Gems and Hotels.com so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres