We just returned from a 7 day trip to the Palace on Isla Mujeres. The resort staff welcomed us with cool drinks and citrus infused wash cloths to cool off with. We had a few days of sun and fun and a few days of clouds and some rain, the rain did not hinder our fun. It was extremely peaceful and relaxing.
Service: The staff was extremely friendly and always accomodating. Although everyone we encountered provided excellent customer service, there was some true standouts: Francisco (waiter & our personal photographer), Jose (entertainment) and all of the pool bartenders! I want to thank Cinthia (front desk) for going out of her way when our flight was moved up. She help to orchastrate our return to Cancun, via the yacht, and ensured a taxi would be waiting to get us to the airport on time. She and the captain of the yacht, went above and beyond to ensure we didn't miss our plane. Each and everyone enhanced a truely memorable vacation.
Value: Not only is the resort "all inclusive", we were provided $1,500 credit towards excursions. It is an exceptional value for the money!
Sleep/Room Quality: The rooms are light, airy and very comfortable. Our room was filled with CHI products, but others were stocked with Ferkai. Each room has a CHI hair dryer and curling iron.
Cleanliness: One of the cleanest resorts, I've ever been to. The staff works tirelessly to keep the resort and the beach front clean. During our stay, it rained; the staff spent a lot of time ensuring the tiles were clean and dry, so guests wouldn't slip and fall.
Location: This is my second trip to Isla Mujeres. I find the island to be similar to old world Mexico, prior to all the big box stores came to Mexico. We rented golf carts for the week and explored several facets of the island. Downtown has great shopping, resturaunts and bars. North Beach provideds the sandy beaches many other reviewers comment on.
Food: I was not expecting much variety from the food after reading other reviews. I was pleasantly surprised to find the opposite. Although the theme of Mexican and Italian is there, we never had the same menu twice. Everything we had was exceptional. If you wanted something else, the chef was pleased to accomodate. Everynight the chef would greet us at our table to ensure we were happy with our selections.
We chose not to leave the island, so we tried to spend our $1,500 in credits at the hotel and the local establishments:
ROMANTIC DINNER: The meal was excellent; they served champagne, filet mingon and chocolate cake that was to die for. I expected lobster with my surf & turf for the cost of the meal, but instead was served extremely large prawns. Since the hotel is small and quaint, the setting was not very private as there were several other couples seated near us.
SPA: The spa was small and quaint in comparison to the one at the Moon Palace, yet they still provided exceptional services.
DOLFINS: You cant beat the location; it is very close to the resort. Swimming with the dolfins was far better on the Isla side than the Cancun side because the interaction takes place in the ocean, not a pool.
SNORKLING: Although we scheduled this excursion, it was cancelled due to storms. Our friends were able to go and enjoyed it very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres