“Exclusive couples only all inclusive”

Isla Mujeres Palace
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
New York City, New York
“Exclusive couples only all inclusive”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a fantastic time in the hotel! everything was great! All staff is extremly friendly, welcoming and will run the extra mile to make you feel comfortable and enjoy your stay 100%. They really try their best to make you feel appreciated and meet your demands. Food variety is nice and the quality is very good, it is very tasty and well presented; it honestly exceded my expectations by far considering it is an all inclusive resort. Truly, the restaurant's quality is at the same level of some "4-5 yelp stars" we frequently visit in NYC. The rooms are very nice and comfortable and the jacuzzi in the room is an extra plus! ;) Everything in the resort was very clean and organized. The beach was amazing, and given the resort's location it is almost private. It is true the sea has a lot of seagrass, since we like snorkeling it ended up being an advantage because we were able to see lots of fish and nice animals just meters away from hotel. It was also possible to relax on the water given that they are removing part of the seaweed and there is a decent enough space to bath and relax. If you want more space you just need to walk few meters to a beach club that is next door and has a very nice natural pool. The best part of the deal is that they offer "resort credit" as a courtesy. You can spend the credit to do activities, upgrade your wines, have a romantic dinner in the beach or get some spa treatment, you just need to pay the taxes and that is it! With the credit we did snorkeling in the underwater museum, scuba diving in the reef, had an awesome romantic dinner and went swiming with dolphins, all of them were just amazing! Overall, if you are planning a vacation in the Rivera Maya area and you want to relax and enjoy with your loved one, go to the Isla Mujeres palace without doubt, trust me you will not regreat! We can not wait to go back!

9 Thank Lud1985
Patricia H, General Manager at Isla Mujeres Palace, responded to this review, 14 December 2014
Dear Lud1985

Receive warm Greetings from Isla Mujeres Palace.

Thank you for choosing us and share your experience with another future travelers.

It would be a pleasure to serve you again.

Merry Christmas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Hebrew first
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

First off I have to say the Staff at the Hotel is wonderful, they will know your names and treat you great. The food is at best just okay. The rooms wonderful. The only draw back was the beach really sucks at the Hotel. We rented a golf cart for $43.00 a day which gave us a lot of freedom on the island. The best beach I've ever been on is called North Point, 15 min. drive by cart. The Yacht is hard to use unless you don't mind waiting around for 2 hours. It is better to just do the ferry and a taxi to get to and from the airport to the hotel. The pool is nice, pool side bar closes at 6:00pm (unacceptable). Poolside brick fired pizza oven has great pizzas. Triple shot Pinacoladas were great. Overall we enjoyed the hotel experience, I will go back.

Room Tip: I had a ocean view, very nice, poolside would have been just fine also.
5 Thank danny d
Patricia H, General Manager at Isla Mujeres Palace, responded to this review, 11 December 2014
Dear danny d

Palace Resorts appreciates you have stayed at Isla Mujeres Palace.

Your experience help us to improve our service.
All your comments have been input for actions to benefit the hotel and our future guests.

We would love the opportunity to have you here at home again.
Until that happens we wish you to be surrounded by your loved ones and enjoy this Christmas.
Santo domingo
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Fabulous location, room, service. Beach could be cleaned a bit more, but overall and unforgettable experience with attentive employees, ready to make your stay a fabulous experience. Rooms are exceptionally well designed, large, with great view, and nice colors. Restaurante is large, designed to cater to a full hotel of 120 people. Was surprised of how everything was appointed nicely, clean, and well organized. Food was excellent, and when we had a specific wish, they were more than happy to comply. What can I say? This is just a perfect boutique hotel to renew your senses and your quality time with your wife

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Kaputnika
Patricia H, General Manager at Isla Mujeres Palace, responded to this review, 10 December 2014
Dear Kaputnika

Thank you for your contribution.

Our staff finds in your words great motivation to continue giving the best service.

It will be a pleasure to have your visit again

Please receive our best wishes for the 2015.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a wonderful time with amazing service.The staff were simply amazing and I was truly impressed. My wife and I came here for out honeymoon to get away from the party scene at Playa Del Carmen Palace which was a great time by the way and the beach there was one of the best I have seen. I recommend going to both places.

I would like to give a shout out to Christian ( also his twin brother I forgot his name), Arturo ,Darrio , Jose and Eduardo . These guys were great. Eduardo actually climbed up in a tree to get us coconuts. Jose always had activities going on and Darrio and Arturo were great bartenders. I highly recommend going to this resort if you are looking for a relaxed time with a significant other.

I can't say enough about the service. Get a scooter or golf cart for $35 for the whole day and you can drive around the entire Island. Check out North and South Point on the island and bartering with the locals is always fun. Have a great trip and I hope my review can help .

9 Thank 53Matt
Dear 53Matt

This is a sincere and brief note to say Thank you.

We will be waiting for the opportunity to see you again at Isla Mujeres Palace.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently spent a week at the palace with my son. Overall the resort is very nice, well maintained and staffed by attentive and friendly employees. The food is well presented and varied, with a focus on seafood, as you would expect from a resort in this location.

My only issues with the resort arose when we booked a suba trip with the dive master employed by IMP. He is knowledgable and competent, but also expensive compared to other dive shops on the island. I was willing to pay extra because he explained that he would take extra time with the novice divers in our group that were taking his Discovery course (I am certified). All in all, the ratio of certified divers to Discovery novices in our group was 2 to 3. In my opinion, this was more novices than the dive master was prepared to handle. Unfortunately, a couple of the novices in our group were unable to get down and spent the duration of the dive waiting in the boat. For people considering using this dive master, my recommendation would be to book your dive elsewhere if he is taking more than one novice on the trip. He is simply not prepared for the amount of novices he tried to take on the day that we took our dive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JeffreyH732
Patricia H, Gerente at Isla Mujeres Palace, responded to this review, 7 December 2014
Dear Jeffrey H

Receive sincere greetings from Isla Mujeres Palace.

I appreciate your kind time to share with us your experience.

We have send your comments to our Dive supplier . We want all our guests really enjoy the beautiful experience of dive

I wish you Merry Christmas.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I originally wanted to go to Cancun, when the hotel there was booked; we ended up at IM Palace. The ferry ride from Cancun to Isla Mujeres was very nice. I had never been to IM and was so pleasantly surprised, the all-inclusive resort was amazing!!! On a private island, it felt like. You get around the island on motorized scooters, when you need to. It was a fun way to sight see. I found out about the all inclusive amenity credit at the end of our "short-stay", but they give you a resort credit to use for your stay to snorkel, dive, or spa. When we checked out; much to my surprise they gave me the resort credit to use on our return, within 1 year. I loved the food, which is more cuisine, breakfast, lunch, and dinner!!! Always ready, always fresh and very flavorful. The staff was attentive, and I was intrigued by all the special set-ups at dinner time. They use l.e.d. lights to liven up the beachside seating, which makes it all that more special & inviting. It was really romantic. The views from the room was of the front entrance to the hotel, but it didn't bother us. They offer lots of activities for their guests, so you're not in the room that much. But, when you are the bedding is to die for!!!! I tried to order it to bring home. The use of the space in the room was great & it had a GIANT tub in the middle, so at the end of the day I could take a lovely bubble bath.We will definitely return to Isla Mujeres Palace when we get free time, and hopefully it's real soon. So glad we found this place, it is really affordable & you are treated like royalty!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cheryl M
Dear Cheryl M

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.and the beautiful details on your description.

It was a really pleasure to serve you.

We hope to see you soon at Isla Mujeres Palace

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Goddess Dramamine, I shall be faithful to ye. We went to Isla Mujeres for the sole purpose of seeing the whale sharks. We settled on IM palace on the basis of the food reviews.we are very happy with our choice.

Ferry: if your tour package includes ferry transfers (purple tickets), get in the main line.

Taxi: don't be shy about piping up when someone puts a hand on your luggage. I had to tell a guy near the taxi stand to let go of my bags. Be responsible for your own safety. On a related point, the taxis don't have meters. It should be $5 US dollars into or out of town. Don't pay more.

Rooms: the rooms are sufficiently large. Each one has a jacuzzi, mini bar and balcony. Bring clothespins to hang wet clothes from the patio chairs as you are not allowed to hang items from the balcony rail.

Bathroom: our toilet never worked properly. By the second day we resorted to putting paper in the garbage.

Pool: you can eat at the swim-up bar. The snack menu offerings are quite good, especially the club sandwich. There is a very large wood-burning pizza oven at the pool. Kayaks and aqua cycles are complimentary.

Green element: this is no eco lodge. They should consider installing a water filtration system to save having to import thousands of bottles of water.

Food: really good. Breakfast is buffet with lots of options. Lunch is buffet or a la carte at the pool. Dinner is a la carte. Every night there are four appetizer options, three soups, several pastas, four mains and four desserts.

Resort credit: the credit can no longer be used for a room upgrade. It can be applied to dive trips, spa services and wines.

Staff: lovely people. Please remember that a modest tip means a lot to the people here. Our dive master actually had to remind the people on our boat to leave a gratuity. We tipped for drinks and meals, plus services.

Beach: the sea grass didn't keep us out of the water. There was plenty of navigable water.

12 Thank Biensapeau
Dear Biensapea

Thank you very much for the kindness of your recommendations.
We are sure how much they will serve to all the potential visitors to Isla Mujeres.

Your comments have helped us to improve our service too.

I take this opportunity to wish you Merry Christmas.!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Mujeres
#8 of 175 in Cancun
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Isla Mujeres Palace? Share your experiences!