“perfecto”

Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
michigan
“perfecto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful time. The service could not have been better and the food/drinks were amazing. We loved the fact that everyone knew our name, staff and vacationers alike. It seemed like a big family in many ways.

I read the review about the people from Carolina hating the low key atmosphere but I loved it. They are correct that there isn't parties going on until 2am (except New Years) but that is what we enjoyed. It was quiet, relaxing, and exactly what my husband and I needed after a long year of work and family.

We definitely will go there again. Tell everyone David and Stephanie said hi from Michigan.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank teamrelax

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Hebrew first
New Wesminster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

First want to say thanks to all the staff at Palace Isla. Antonio was the first Palace employee we met along with Jose. Antonio made us feel so very welcome. After that we got to know Glendy, Ulises, Braulio, Alfredo, Jose Luis, Lidia, Dario and Timoteo....and sorry there are others I could also mention, but what incredible staff. The Palace resort really knows how to hire and train staff. When I wanted to visit other Palaces or take a trip around the Island my daughters were always hesitant to do it because they would miss ths staff or miss out on some planned event that Ulises or Braulio had in mind. There are things I'd prefer like a bigger beach or less visits from other Palaces (poor Wilma, Edgar and Lidia when the visitors came from other Palaces they had to work so hard) but these things are quite minor. The staff truly made our Christmas and New Year's so special. By the way there are events every night and during the day....ask my daughters. Danielle made a point of asking me how things were going every now and then - he too made me and my family feel special. We also met very special people from Minnesota, Michigan, Texas and Oklahoma. Very generous and warm people that we hope to keep in touch with for years to come. They too felt the Palace was a special place. I remember one situation when poor Wilma was being yelled at by a visitor and two of my new US friends were about to intervene to protect her. But the situation subsided. We all became so close to these wonderful Mexican people that we didn't want them mis-treated. Anyway, my family wants to come back to the Palace and the island of Isla. A truly special place in our hearts now.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank GuapoNewWesminster
north carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

Let just say the hotel and place is very nice, but there is no life after 9pm.The beach is so pretty and the water is crystal clear. we went with a group of friends and new it was going to be quiet but not DEAD. there was no entertainment schedule except on new years night, which they didn't really talk highly of. keep in mind there is only one dinner and one bar at this resort which leaves not much to do. when me and my husband went to our room at 9pm to change clothes our neighbors started complaining because they could here us in our room and said they were sleeping. Give me a break im not on vacation to be in bed at 9pm. Needless to say we had only been here less than 5min. i The next morning we were able to her the neighbors talking,tv, there hair dryer ect. they need to make the walls thicker so you cant here the person beside you. i felt like we had to wisper while in our room which sucked.I can say the the staff at the resort were really nice and when we asked to move to another resort they had no problem letting us change. they just asked us what palace resort we wanted to go to and as long as there was rooms they said we could go.we were on our way to moon palace in cancun the next morning.The nice thing there were 7-8 free trips we could go on at moon palace v/s isla palce only hd 2. They treated us like kings and queens and you could be as loud as you wanted and you could not here the people beside you. THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO!!! we had a blast. this was the second time we have been to moon palce and would go again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank NorthCarolinarenee
Chicago , SW Subs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2009

This was our second stay at a Palace Resort , the last being in Cozumel , which was great , so we didn't know how Isla Mujeres would compare , but once again the Palace standards are excellent. The occupancy was low , so they only put out a buffet at lunch when guest from the other Cancun Palace Resorts where there. We got to order off the menu at breakfast and dinner.
Who ever said you can't find good beef in Mexico has to come here. They have a Beef Fillet and Risotto that is a good as any you could get in Chicago. The whole menu and wine list were 5 stars.
Being such a small hotel they didn't have as many night activities as Cozumel , but we still had a good time. Especially before dinner we would meet at the bar [all top shelf liquor] and talk to the other guests about there day.
Now for the best part the service , being so small and the low occupancy it felt like we were in a private villa.
For the people that complain about the guest from the other resorts being there, just go up to your room and order room service and sit on your balcony and look down on them. I personally liked it being able to meet new people and brag about our resort.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chimo687
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

I loved this all inclusive resort hotel. The rooms are fantastic. The location is perfect and included in my package were a snorkel trip and boat trip around the island. It is just a short beach walk south of the Turtle Farm. But the best thing of all was the staff who made each day fun and adventurous. They really tried to make each meal, each outing, each nap by the pool a wonderful experience.

Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank galaxiecarol
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

My fiance and I have always wanted a destination wedding. We had never been to Isla Mujeres, let alone Isla Mujeres Palace. It was everything they say it is on Trip Advisor!! It was us, our families, friends, and one 4 year old, our flower girl. Everyone loved it and wants to go back next year!!! The employees are all wonderful, attentive, and enjoy their job. The resort is spotless. The food and drinks are delicious!! The best part was the wedding. It was AMAZING!!! With the help of Rebeca, the wedding coordinator, and Matis, the food services manager, the event would not have been the same!!!! When you arrive please tell everyone Jeff and Monica said Hola!!! :)

• Stayed September 2009
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

This was our first time out of the US and we had the worst time trying to get out because of delays and such in GA, but once we hit our resort, we didn't even care about arriving 12 hours later! The people there are so welcoming, we didn't want to come home! The resort is off the charts, and it has the BEST all-inclusive buffet ever. And everynight they had a show for dinner!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
#14 of 182 in Cancun
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,693 reviews
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets The Vine Cancun

Been to Isla Mujeres Palace? Share your experiences!