“Something draws me here.”

Cafe Peon Contreras
Ranked #504 of 740 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Spokane
“Something draws me here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I wouldn't say the food is excellent but it's adequate. The service is usually friendly but not a stand-out. But something always draws me to this place when I am in Merida. I love watching the world go by from these tables, I guess. The little Mayan girls selling me scarves delight me. And I do like the music (but could do without the movie). Not a rave review, I know, but not a bad place to eat and hang out.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank KarynSpokane

Texas
“Music is a bonus”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We just had coffee and ice cream while we listened to the musicians who play every night. The outside tables and music provide a very pleasant evening near the Grande Plaza.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TXace49
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
“Terrible food, terrible service from the administration”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

People from Merida is very nice, kind and friendly but this place is totally the opposite.

The restaurant was a couple of meters away from our hotel, it wasn't full reason why we chose it.

The prices were very high for Merida and the quality of the food very poor, a total disappointment.

Our waiter was very nice, we asked to provide separate bills plus one invoice and he agreed, the problem was with the lady at the cashier, our bill took a round 20 minutes when I went to ask why our bill and invoice was taking so long, the lady was incredible rude and began to scream me and teaching basic accountancy, I requested to talk with the manager and it was even worst, the manager was as rude as the cashier.

If you want to have a lovely dinner and nice environment, please do not go to this place.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank BCG84
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ambience and Flavour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Before or after a concert, this is the place to sit and relax, with a cofee or a Bandera (tequila with lemon and salsa). Snacks were delicious too.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lori S
Playa del Carmen
“good and cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Right downtown...if you want inexpensive and good basic food, this can't be beat...open all the time, great spot for any meal anytime...never disappointed.

Visited August 2012