“Check your bill at the restaurant for discrepancies”
Review of Hotel Santa Lucia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merida
Hotel Santa Lucia
Ranked #84 of 103 Hotels in Merida
Merida, Mexico
“Check your bill at the restaurant for discrepancies”
Reviewed 7 April 2011

This review is about the restaurant/cafe at the Hotel Santa Lucia, I have never stayed in the hotel although it looks like a very nice place. I live in Merida and have been to the cafe four times in the last six months. Every single time I have been there, I have had problems with my bill. I have received incorrect change twice. I was charged 30 extra pesos for a beer on my bill, when I brought that to the attention of my waiter he seemed insulted and was rude to me. The wait staff always tell me they don't have change for my bill whatever the denomination. An extra drink that I never ordered was added to my bill one time. So please be sure to check the menu for prices and double check you bill and change when at the cafe at the Hotel Santa Lucia. I enjoy the Thursday night live music in Santa Lucia park across from the hotel, I just wish there was another establishment that set up tables in the park to provide service.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cancun, MX
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Granted, it's not the Ritz, but considering the price it is the best stay in Merida Centro. Incredible location - just walking distance to parks, restaurants and all of Merida's beautiful downtown night life. Easy to catch a taxi here as well. The rooms are very basic, but well maintained and clean. Beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are clean. The air conditioners work great. Cost - Location - Comfort. It's all there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The good thing:Hotel Santa Lucia is centrally located, right opposite a lovely square where concerts and other entertainment programs take place, and check-out time is as late as 1 pm. But this is about all the positive things you can say about it. From the moment you enter the lobby you feel you're in the wrong place: They have a moskito problem in the reception area. I got a lot of bites before I had the key to my room in my hand. The hotel itself is constructed in a colonial structure, i.e. the rooms are on three floors around a patio, but the building is not antique. The corridor to my room was dark on one side because the management did not seem to worry about replacing old light blbs. Rooms are quite spacious, mattresses partly o.k. and the bathroom clean and funcional, but don't expect the electrical equipment to be working. The TV had no buttons and I could only watch one channel. The AC was old and noisy. The ceiling fan had a lamp, but no bulb in it, so I had to switch on the neon light. Sockets came out of the wall and looked dusty. There were traces of hardly removed chewing gums on the floor and on the bed, and the room smelt as if it had been continously rented to smokers. I left the next morning and moved to the beautiful and well-kept Hotel Montejo one block away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank topautorin

Travellers are raving about these Merida hotels

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Reviewed 4 June 2009

Right at the bustling (on weekends) Santa Maria park, this hotel met our needs for 2 nights. Clean and with 24 hour friendly staff, this is a safe location in a well-lit nice section in the historic Centro district, full of beautiful UNESCO world heritage buildings lining the streets. Very basic, very inexpensive, I felt safe, the place was clean, and the price right, and that was exactly what I was looking for while exploring Merida and the surrounding area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 6 August 2004

The Hotel Santa Lucia in Merida, was one of the more surprising finds in the area. The Hotel was clean and had a nice pool. Granted it was no luxury palace but, being located right across from Santa Lucia park, the location could not have been better. A block from the excellent Cafe Express, Parque Hidalgo and a block further to the main square, a better location could not be found. I will be returning to this hotel in October 2004 and will update my review at that time.

5 Thank redbeard