“Old and tired”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Old and tired”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have a special place in my heart for this place. 35 or so years ago, my husband (he was my boyfriend back then) and I found Don Vito's just as he was opening up for the first time - we were probably his all-time 3rd and 4th customers. Marcello (I think that's his name) did all the kneading and chopping, his lovely wife did the baking, and their sweet little boy scampered about cleaning off the tables. The pizza was great then, not unlike a Chicago deep-dish.
We've been back many times since, but unfortunately the quality of the pizza has changed to suit the local market, and there hasn't been a whole lot of investment in upkeep. We took out a very not-so-good pizza for old time's sake last week, but just like I can't go back to being 22 again, I won't be going back for another pizza.

• Visited February 2013

Westchester, NY
“Cockroaches and more”
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

Although tasty, the cracker-like crust, lack of garlic powder, but particularly the scary filth of the place (cockroach on the wall and encrusted food on the spice containers) prompt removal of this joint from any list of recommended pizzas restaurants in Merida.

“Dirty location and mediocre pizza”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The restaurant itself is kind of dirty and the food isn't great. Everything that goes on the pizza is and tastes canned. I saw the cook poor a bottle of orange Fanta in the canned tomato sauce; I don't know what that was about. The service is fine, but the pizza is really overpriced for just being assembled rather than actually cooked.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank EydneW
Houston
“Worst pizza EVER!!”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I have been to over 50 countries and pizza being my favorite food I have tried pizzerias around the globe.

I have never had a worse pizza (and I've had quite a few bad ones) than this one.

Smells good and with the old pizza oven out front thought it would at least be decent.....don't waste your pesos here....walk 1/2 a block east to a wood burning pizza oven place and be glad you avoided this place.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank RobertoEskondida
Seattle, WA
“Very good pizza delivered.”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

They understood some English which was a bonus, and they made the pizza with the specific ingredients we wanted. The pizza was delivered before the 40-minute time frame we were quoted. Our pizza arrived hot, good sized and delicious. Certainly many cuts above the other chains and local pizzerias. When we get the opportunity now, we'll actually go directly to the pizzeria to experience the restaurant too!

• Visited June 2011