“OK B&B”
Review of La Casa Lorenzo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
La Casa Lorenzo
Ranked #17 of 85 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have stayed at several B&B's in Merida to be able to compare. Room was small and you need to add $10 if you want AC. Breakfast plentiful but not much choice. Outdoor kitchen area and gardens could be better maintained. Not much privacy, could hear next door plus early risers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GallopingGertie
Larry N, Owner at La Casa Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

I think I should be flattered by Gertie saying I have an "OK B&B". According to her profile she has traveled the world extensively for the last couple of years and only rated one lodging establishment higher than mine. So I'll accept the "OK" with thanks.

But we should clarify a couple of inaccuracies. The room size is 20 square meters (215 sq feet) and she is totally wrong about a $10 charge for a/c. Don't know where that came from.

As for breakfast...simply read other reviews :-)

Keep on traveling Gertie, and if you have time please write to me directly and explain the garden maintenance thing. Thanks.

There are newer reviews for La Casa Lorenzo

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our reservation was changed by the owner. He complained about us bringing a child, despite he had previously accepted children, as stated in reviews by former guests. He first allowed us to install, but then he changed his mind, and, once installed, asked us to leave for the next day. He did not refund our money paid in advance. The owner said he would not care about what we would wrote in our review. The place lacks privacy, since you can hear voices from other rooms, and also from the pool bar located near the rooms. The owner says no pets allowed, but his cat walks all around, even on guest's mattresses. Since he lives in this house, with no doors to his room, he is very specific in what he likes or dislikes, written in several places of the house.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near to the pool's bar, or near the entrance, or near the entry hall.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Larry N, Owner at La Casa Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

This guest made a reservation for "two adults" and then showed up as three adults along with an ill hyperactive two year old child. Because they had arrived so late I (regretfully) did agree to let them stay one night with their agreement to leave the next day. I gave them travel advice to help find another place. At midnight other guests knocked on my door to complain about being disturbed by the sick child loudly crying continuously.

And yes, a friendly cat named Bella does live here (as stated on the website) so guests are not invited to bring their pets.

Also yes, I live on premise. This is a B&B, not a hotel with absentee owner. I do not at all understand the last part of the review about "no doors to his room".

I understand it may be difficult traveling for this type of family as they require a different kind of establishment. But making an untruthful reservation for a busy holiday period caused me loss of income, in addition to inconveniencing me and disturbing other guests.

I wish them luck in finding more suitable lodging in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Just spent one night in Larry,s place and it was comfortable and welcoming.Ample and tasty breakfast, clean rooms and a very comfy bed. Oh and the shower was amazing.Pity the weather was not up to par as the pool did look rather inviting.
Great location for Paseo Montejo, Santa Anna park,and a short walk to el centro
I think he has done a great job and I wish him all the best for the future.Not a place to be missed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pickMerida
Larry N, Owner at La Casa Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Valerie certainly knows the B&B business so when she says "Comfortable and Welcoming" you should believe it. Too bad the visit was so short and I look forward to seeing her again.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have stayed at La Casa Lorenzo on several occasions, and I have always found it clean and comfortable. And just as importantly, Larry, the owner/host, is a wealth of information about places to go, special events, things to see, and how to get there. I live on the coast, but when it's convenient to be in Mérida for a few days, I can't imagine a better place to stay. The pool-side bar (bring your own booze) is a great place to gather, or you can sit in peace and quiet in the colonial living room (sala) where there are books to choose from and a computer for guest's use. A great place.

Room Tip: Choose between 1 queen or 2 doubles. My personal favorite is #3 (queen).
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LynndChicxulub

And here at La Casa Lorenzo we will strive to be keep on being "Consistently Good".

Drinks and conversation at the pool bar are always fun.

And thanks for mentioning the choice of rooms. La Casa Lorenzo has rooms with one queen size be and also rooms with two double beds.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was so happy that my husband chose this place as a starting point for our Yucatan travels. We were celebrating our 20th anniversary, so it was important to get it right. La Casa Lorenzo is a sweet, lovely place and Larry was a wonderful host. We got a separate room for my 14 year old son, which we all enjoyed. We stayed at Casa Lorenzo for five days as we explored Merida. The rooms were beautifully decorated, comfortable and spotless. Larry made wonderful, hearty breakfasts, and proudly introduced us to local specialties. Larry gave us tips on getting around and helped us arrange a good, inexpensive car rental, so we were able to take side trips to Progresso beach and the pyramids on our own. I would second everything positive that has been said in the other reviews here. You get a big bang for your buck at La Casa Lorenzo, personal service beyond anything you would expect. Larry will make you into a fan.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good, some are different sizes and configurations. It may be true that the wi-f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mmmgood2U

It was nice to have your family visit.

Yes, I try to make sure the breakfast gives you the energy to enjoy our great city.

As for the wi-fi, it was improved since your visit. The thick stone walls typical of the colonial construction tend to soak up the wireless signal but additional "access points" have been installed and high speed coverage is available in all rooms and spaces on the property.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed with Larry at La Casa Lorenzo for 5 days in July. The experience was fantastic. Larry is a pleasure to stay with and was accommodating and a joy to be around. His suggestions for places to visit and things to do were "spot-on". We already had other arrangements, or we would have loved to stay for the entire two-week vacation that we had planned. The location of La Casa Lorenzo is fantastic, close to everything. The rooms (the whole property) were tastefully decorated and super comfortable. It felt like we were home! We rented 3 of the 5 rooms and every one was great.

The breakfast was always creative and delicious, with an authentic flair. Larry and Yuri obviously love what they do and it shows.

We are already planning our next trip, and we won't consider staying anywhere else!

If you are going on vacation or traveling for business anywhere near Merida, STAY HERE - you will be glad you made the choice.

Darrinn & Kimberly

Room Tip: Every room in the place was great. The room nearest the bar/pool has the best WIFI coverage.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Darrinn M

Darrin, Kimberly, and the rest of the big family were fun to have visit. I look forward to their next trip to Mérida.

Note that the wi-fi is now much better. The thick colonial stone walls suck up the signal so additional WAPS (wireless access points) have been installed. High speed internet 100% throughout the property.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed there with my partner in 2012, unfortunately we could stay there only 1 night as I had some previous arrangements, but we did enjoy since the first day, Larry prepared for us some delicious margaritas and we enjoyed his hospitality.

next day we had our breakfast, we could stay longer but probably next day we will do it.

the pool smal, cozy, nice , i can say that the casitas( rooms) are very nice , comfy, and in veru good conditions.

Michael and Jesse
Denmark

Room Tip: try it, hospitality is nice !
Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple