“Exceeding expectations”
Review of La Casa Lorenzo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
La Casa Lorenzo
Ranked #18 of 85 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Larry is a gracious host who was generous with both his hospitality at his five-room B&B and his advice on how best to enjoy our time in Merida. The rooms and the courtyard were immaculate. When both we and a couple we were traveling with had to leave very,very early in the morning to head back to Cancun, he was up before dawn to make us a box-breakfast to enjoy on the bus. In many ways he exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Larry N, Owner at La Casa Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Tom and his wife were great guests. And I'm happy that my little piece of heaven at La Casa Lorenzo gave them a place to wind down after a busy time in Cancun.

And I'm glad they enjoyed my Egg MacMuffin ala Lorenzo :-)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

La Casa Lorenzo is a wonderful little B&B! Larry, the owner, is the perfect host. The rooms were very clean, breakfasts were to die for, and the pool area was a great oasis to relax in after a day of site seeing. Casa Lorenzo is in the middle of the central district just a couple of blocks from restaurants and a place to rent bicycles. The area is SUPER safe as is all of Merida. Beautifully maintained with filtered water you can drink and air conditioning in each room that is quiet and works perfectly. Larry is very helpful with ideas on what to see and places to go in the area and Mayan ruins. Larry was making a run to the local super market and offered to pick up somethings for us. He is always helpful and friendly. Loved this place - you will too!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Having nice guests like Jon is what makes it fun to have a B&B. And I wouldn't have a B&B without unlimited purified water and ice! Thanks for mentioning it.

When can you visit again?

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Larry is the perfect host. His La Casa Lorenzo, beautifully landscaped and decorated Mexican style, is so inviting that you don’t even want to leave. He’s always available, always helpful, gives you easily understandable maps of a city that could be a bit confusing with all the different colonias, and he points you to restaurants and events you may otherwise miss.

We’ve been to Merida many times. We like the vibrant, cultured city, and most importantly, our dentist, Dr. Javier Camara, is here! Since it gets very hot in summer, and the dental treatment couldn’t wait, we needed good, quiet air conditioning, a cool pool, and a reasonable price for accommodations immediately. It was easy to reach Larry on his American 954 telephone number to discuss what we were looking for, and off we were. Greeting us with a welcome drink we met him surrounded by other happy guests, and we knew we had “arrived.”

His breakfasts are tasty and varied, coffee is great, and orange juice freshly squeezed. Today we had tortillas with a Yucatecan meat filling that had simmered all night long and melted in our mouths. At noon we attended a Bruckner concert performed by the symphony orchestra of the Yucatan. Thanks to his tip, we had purchased tickets online the night before we arrived.

I hope you can see that if you’re looking for a place where you can feel at home, this is it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Larry N, Owner at La Casa Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

It was a pleasure to host Dagmar and Tony during their stay in Mérida. I loved the banjo music and I look forward to seeing them again. I think they are falling in love with Mérida and will surly be back.

Yes, you can phone La Casa Lorenzo directly at the 954-302-3273 number but also toll free at 866-515-4105.

Ring me up :-)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Loved this place. The interior courtyard is a secluded oasis in the heart of the city. The beautifully manicured plantings make you feel like you're taking a stroll through a tropical jungle. The pool is a great place to hangout and be refreshed after a hot day of touring. The nearby outdoor, "eat-in" kitchen is convenient. (There's a separate, more formal indoor kitchen and dining area with ample seating). The courtyard has several distinct areas for sitting around with friends or finding your own place to relax. 3 WiFi access points provide ample coverage throughout the compound. The water was Hot and the showers had great water pressure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Bryan was a great guest and will always be welcome back at La Casa Lorenzo.

Obviously he enjoyed the fact that our water system is pressurized like city water in the US and not simply dribbling down from a tonaco on the roof. And the water has a softener and sure, we have it hot enough to really enjoy your shower.

Come back again Bryan and I'll keep fixing those breakfasts.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Larry, our host was extremely wellcoming and also helpfull with insights on things to do around the city (best sights) and also regarding other places and best transport routes going out of the city. The property is very nice with fabulous design and the yard kitchen are is simply fantastic! Loved the place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed Mérida. And La Casa Lorenzo, of course!

My little maps with photographs are made to make it easy if you are driving in (and out) of town. And you know I can usually arrange a personalized airport pickup for those that fly directly to Mérida.

And I'm going to personally enjoy that outdoor kitchen tonight with a pork chop done on the BBQ grill. Wish you were here.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at LaCasa Lorenzo for 2 weeks in Feb. 2014. The location is perfect, 2 blocks to Paseo Montejo and many museums and cafes. The b and b is quiet and peacful, breakfast is included and is excellant, the rooms were clean and decorated in spanish deocor. Larry, the owner, is very accomodating and provides excellent information about what to do in Merida. Before we arrived he emailed us and purchased tickets to the Symphony and wine tasting event with the English Language Library. We had a wonderful stay and met other guests who we went out to dinner with etc. We would definitely recommend this b and b and would return.
Virginia M.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rjmack37

Visitors from all over the world but fun when they come from my hometown of Chicago.

I'm glad that the hair dryers installed in every room at La Casa Lorenzo worked out well for this guest and saved her the trouble of hauling one down.

Advising guests of upcoming events, such as the symphony, is something I enjoy doing. I'm glas they enjoyed it.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I returned to Mérida for the third time to visit my friend and to attend Spanish classes for two weeks so I wasn't there as a typical tourist, having seen most of the sights there before. Larry's communications before arrival were excellent. The B&B is very clean and well-appointed. Yuri, the housekeeper, was very friendly and fun to practice Spanish with. I particularly enjoyed the nights with Michael, Liz, Mark, Albert as they all shared their daily travel excursion experiences with everyone. I was in Room 1 and the Wi-Fi connection wasn't good, but it was excellent in the breakfast area and the pool area, which is where I spent me time anyway. It took me all of one day to re-orient my bearings in this beautiful city, which is so easy to get around. Buses and pensiones are a whopping 7 pesos! And a taxi from the zócalo (Plaza Grande) will cost you between 15 and 20 pesos. You can't beat it. I agree with Mark's and Michael's reviews. I highly recommend La Casa Lorenzo.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

It's always a pleasure to host someone in town to attend Spanish classes. And fun to meet the Mexican people in Mérida that Don had met previously.

The wi-fi internet is fixed! Yes, the thick stone mamposteria construction makes it difficult to get the wireless signal through but an additional wireless access point has been added and the signal is strong in all the rooms and throughout the property.

Come down and fire up your laptops and smarthones on the high speed internet at La Casa Lorenzo.