“Excellent, Awesome, Perfect!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent, Awesome, Perfect!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I came to Merida for an overnight trip from my resort in Tulum. We rented a car and drove the 4 hours across the peninsula, I must admit it was a splendid drive! We made a stop to see Chechen Itza and swim in a connote! It was a great road trip!

Once we got a Merida the first stop was at a friend’s place to freshen up then we went straight to Rescoldos to spend the evening enjoying their amazing food and service under the lights of Merida in there peaceful court yard! We shared the spanakopita bits and the artichoke dip! Both incredible! We then shared the sausage wood fire pizza, it didn’t have any sauce and I was a little doubtful at first. But with the moisture from the sausage itself and the freshly cut herbs from the garden, it was one of the most flavourful delicious pizzas I have ever eaten. We spent a large amount of time at the restaurant so we had time to sample a bunch of the different desserts. The cake of the week was moist and decadent! Enough said. We also got to try 2 of the Gelato flavours, Honey Lavender and the Vanilla. Both were refreshing and delicious. We also had several of their Jamaican Margaritas. An absolute must try!

To sum this all up it is obvious there is a lot of care and attention put into the food and service at this restaurant. I am very impressed with what Jake and RaeAnn (the Owners) have done with this restaurant and can’t wait to spend more time in Merida and especially at this little awesome bistro.

• Visited May 2014

“A little oasis”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A lovely courtyard restaurant within walking distance of the city center. A lovely couple from Canada who offer great service and exceptional pizza in a very calm outside courtyard.

Visited January 2014
Napa, California
“Yummy Greek food”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Rescoldos is an adorable spot that is owned by a husband and wife. The garden is beautiful and the staff welcoming. I had the falafels and pita bread. THe pita bread is made in the wood burning stove and falafels are home made. Everything about this place is charming and delicious.

• Visited July 2014
“Yummy food.......delicious....my mouth is watering thinking about it”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I went to Rescoldos after finding it by accident, and are we glad we did.
It was late, and we weren't that hungry but we sat in the beautiful night lit courtyard at the back and ordered a few tapas. We had the potato/feta cakes which were delicious and the falafel which were the best I've ever had. We had a few glasses of wine, and then some homemade ice cream which was scrumptious. The tapas were very filling and since we were eating lightly only, we kept it to that but drooled looking at the other foods going to other tables. We can't wait to go back and try some more dishes, and plan to bring our family when we all come back to Merida.
The owners are very friendly and told us about their story of coming to Merida and we found them very charming.
I'm a very fussy food person that doesn't eat meat, and avoids wheat, and sometimes in Merida that can be a challenge. Not at Rescoldos.....the food we had was perfect and right up my alley. A potato appetizer? And....falafel that weren't dry and were extremely tasty ? perfection in my books. This is my new favorite restaurant in Merida and we will come back for sure.
We loved that there were different choices than the usual.
The staff was attentive, and we loved that it was dark with night lights in the courtyard, and we had little lights to check out the menu. Nice atmosphere. Can't wait for more.

• Visited May 2014
Merida Mx
“Nice environment, good food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For good fresh pasta and wood-oven baked pizza in Merida, don't miss Rescoldos; prices are very accessible, very good service. The cool evenings are perfect for the courtyard tables.

• Visited June 2013