“Chiles en nogades!”

Ranked #221 of 854 Restaurants in Merida
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was maybe my second favorite meal in one week of dining in northern Yucatan. Small, with only about 10 tables. And the little rabbit hopping around at the end of our dinner, just made my family so happy.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The bright and cheery decor welcomes you in and is a homage to Frida Kahlo. There is a cosy courtyard and fabulous food, possibly our best meal yet ... and also the antics of Coco the bunny to watch. I had a poblano chile stuffed with ground beef, apple, pear and plantain covered with a cream and walnut sauce, and Chris had tortillas stuffed with cheese and covered with delicious mole - the best we'd tasted.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Full of great artprints this simple restaurant serves homely and tasty food and has an impromptu cabaret: Coco, the chef's big white rabbit shows some cool moves as he greets all the diners.
Go before he's on the menu!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

My first time here and I tried one dish which was absolutely one of the best things I have ever eaten. Go there and order "Chile en Nogada" and I promise you won't be disappointed. The dish was invented in Puebla for the birthday of the emperor and they wanted to create something to reflect the colors of the Mexican flag- red/green/white. What this is is a poblano chile (not spicy) stuffed with meat, pears, apples,plantains and nuts. It is then covered with a white sauce made from pecans and sprinkled with fresh, tangy pomegranet seeds. The combination of flavors is out of this world. I want to go back and try something else such as the mole but I'm afraid this dish must be repeated. By the way, the ambiance is charming, the service prompt and there is a pet rabbit to boot that hops amongst the tables. What's not to love?

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I came here twice on my recent trip to Merida. The chicken enchiladas in mole sauce was absolutely amazing. I've had mole in many restaurants and this was definitely one of the best. The service was also really friendly and I loved seeing the little rabbit hopping around. This place is also good for vegetarians, which can be tough in Mexico