“Cheap, clean & central!”
Review of Hotel Ibis Merida

Hotel Ibis Merida
Ranked #21 of 104 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Business traveler's hotel that has great value for tourists too. Checked in morning of and all employees were friendly. I recommend staying here if you are on a budget but want above a hostel. Free parking if you are driving and lots of air conditioning!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We were booked at this hotel by our vacation rental company because our beach house in San Benito was not ready yet. The rooms were so small that we had to get a second room just to fit our luggage...granted, we had a lot of luggage (six large suitcases) as we are moving to Merida. The bed was a full size and pretty darn hard. We are used to a king size pillow top at home so it was uncomfortable. Very reasonably priced but we would not have chosen this hotel for ourselves. Would be a good choice for a hotel needed in Merida if you are here for business and need a clean and economical hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie124
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Very good price quality ratio. We only paid 500 peso per night including taced. I liked the breakfast. It is much better than eating in smaller restaurants around. It is even better and cheaper than eating in the 5 stars hotel across the square (near chedraui).The only true problem is that i heard absolutely everything (was even able to dustinguish words) from nearby rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Other than the location and the price, nothing is worth it. FOOD was not edible. I booked 4 nights and I checked out the next day with out getting me money back. The promised me though. The room was very small. constructions very bad. I heard everyone around me and above me. the steps upstairs, in the alley, Even when the room next me open the bathroom door, I could here it.
They found my bus tickets on the deck and throw it away. without refund or anything. I went to elspaniol hotel and it says it is a 5-star hotel, but I give it 3ish. I will write a review about it.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Iman141
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The title says it all. In terms of service, cleanliness, modernity and in particular; food, this hotel is way below other ibis hotels we've been to.

If there is a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, there's no need for the receptionist to call my room and ask if I want cleaning. The sign has a pretty self-explanatory purpose.

Damp damage above the toilet door - absolutely not OK.

The check-in process took approximately 35 minutes longer than it should have. Why? Because the hotel staff didn't have my reservation in their system. Okay, let's call the hotel company that I booked through, I said. "We don't have their number", they said, so *I* had to google it for them. Then when they had the number in front of them, they didn't even manage to dial it, since they were unused to country codes. So I had to dial the number for them as well.

Sure, it was the hotel company who had screwed up, but should such unexperienced staff really work at an international hotel chain? I mean, at least they should know how to use the Internet and a phone...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelCouple2014
Accor_Mexico, Manager at Hotel Ibis Merida, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Guest :

I really appreciate your comments about your stay and would like to mention
That we are constantly working in order to offer an standard quality of service
to all of our clients and have a policy to guarantee this service.
Next time you come to Hermosillo, I Would be very glad to make this promise
Come true.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Our first impression of the hotel Ibis Merida...we walk through the door and the entire lobby smells like a sewage leak. The staff didn't seem to be affected at all by this. If this was the only issue about the place, we probably could have let it go, but there were too many other issues.

The rooms were TINY and I say that as a New Yorker. I have no idea why they would be so cramped, but they were almost claustrophobic. I could hear EVERYTHING from the other rooms. There was a girl upstairs who wore heels for hours just pacing around her room. But I heard other things too, like people going to the bathroom, people talking, and other things not to be mentioned but only imagined.
The location was fine, and we were able to walk into the centro.
The only reason we stayed here was because we were with a wedding party and everyone was staying here, but if not, for the same price, we would have much rather opted for a cute and local b&b style place in the center of town. We weren't able to meet with the wedding party in the lobby either for drinks and had to go elsewhere because the smell of sewage was too overwhelming and they ran out of alcohol as well.
Our key kept deactivating, so every time we went to the room, we had to go back to the lobby to get it activated again.
We also had booked this place about 6 months earlier and had reserved a room with a discounted rate for the wedding party. When we went to check out, they did not honor the rate they gave us and made us pay the current daily rate.
After staying here, the entire wedding party basically made a joke out of this place, because it was so bad. Every time something smelled something bad, we would call it an "IBIS".
I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and some with only very basic amenities, but I would 100% recommend against this place. There are much better places to stay in Merida.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jsauceda
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Good location if visiting the historical centre of Merida and Uxmal (Puuc Route).
When staying in Cancun it is a nice place to stay over for one night to visit all touristic places in the environment. Having breakfast on the Plaza Grande in Merida is a must.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family