“Café La Habana”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Serris, France
“Café La Habana”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We ate here as it was the only restaurant we saw offering Chiles en Nogada and seeing that it is a seasonal dish we wished to try it.

The service we received was good and attentive and we didn't wait long for our drinks ( 2 limonades @ 22 pesos each) to arrive along with a complementary basket of chips and bread and a salsa.

This was followed in a reasonable delay by our order of Chiles en Nogada (120 pesos piece)

The dish was nicely presented with a fair amount of sauce and it tasted good to us. I thought it could have been warmer though.

We finished with coffees - The expresso ( 24 pesos) was good and the Americano (20 pesos) came with a 2nd refill. So it wasn't again Americano like we expect but a filter coffee.

I doubt if I'd go back as there are so many other restaurants to try but for what we wanted and what we got we were satisfied.

• Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
“Awful”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

No service at all by a non servuce oriented waiter and food salty and nothing special. Ask for a Chiles en Nogada a traditional dish in this season. The waiter took long to everything deliver the menu, take the order, take the foid, the bill, change and he never show a little of interest if things are complete in the table. Ask to change yhe dish and never ask if the one replacing was better. He used just to go by the cashier and stand laying in the wall or looking by the window. I have to go bymyself for the bill to the cashier and of course I did not gave him any tip. So in my face he took the bill and crush alk the paper. The cashier just did nothing. It seems that personal does not have any idea of the business and service.

• Visited September 2013
Troy, Michigan, United States
“Better buy something in 7eleven”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Don't go here not even in dreams, service very slow, waiter bring the food 35 minutes after they took the order, food was cold we did not complain because they will take another 30 minutes probably to bring a new plate.

Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Applebees of Yucatan”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Besides the name there is nothing in this generically decorated place remotely Cuban. Our waiter, Miguel... Told me the Chilaquiles he brought me were in fact Enchiladas. Even if I weren't from a Mexican family in Los Angeles, I'm pretty sure anyone could tell the difference between Chilaquiles and Enchiladas... He aggressively repeated they were Enchiladas for about 3 minutes before the manager came over, chastised Miguel and apologized to us. Moments later Miguel (the pequeno caballero I'd like to refer to him as..), asked if I still wanted the Enchiladas in a tone normally reserved for fighting... I said I wanted nothing from him. If he hadn't been so little, and if it weren't over enchiladas, and if I had nothing better to waste my time on... maybe I would have taken him outside and made him eat the Chilaquiles...:). Waste of time, this place really sucks and getting challenged to a fight by a miniature, intellectualy challenged, waiter, when all I wanted was some enchiladas... kinda puts a bummer on ones experience... I've gone to greener pastures Miguel and tonight I will drink a michelada in your honor... Miguelito, the pequeno caballero from habana.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Food was simply okay, the two occasions I went. But boy is the place beautiful. It's modeled after a cafe in Buenos Aires and it's the oldest (pretty sure) cafe in the city. Great spot for a lemonade or something.

Visited April 2013