“We enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Merida
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“We enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The accommodations, service, location, etc. of this hotel proved to last the four weeks of our stay.
The personnel went out of their way to help us, they were there to adjust the A/C,
furnish towels, make trip arrangements, and answer questions. The rooms were spotless and
hot water every day. We were on the first floor of rooms and there were adequate closets. The pool was clean. Within walking distance of the Square and many fine restaurants. The hotel restaurant was excellent and moderately priced.
WiFi was always available on the ground floor, sometimes in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbara C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I first stayed at this hotel by myself for 3 nights. Then I went back a couple of months later with a friend for 2 more nights. The location is excellent and just a few blocks away from the very nice Zócalo(plaza). Merida is a very nice city to visit. The hotel was clean both times, the price was very good, reserving on the internet usually gives you a better price. The breakfast is OK.

Room Tip: It is hard to ask for more considering the location and good price.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Belmopan, Belize
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a really good hotel consider of its cost. The staffs are friendly, and close parking space is available with security guard. The room is clean and comfortable. We spend 2 nights here, which is not bad. However, since we are near to the swimming pool, we can hear clearly the noise made by the people by the swimming pool. There were a group of children playing and screaming all their way into 11:30pm if not later. I wish that the staff would alert the parents sitting at the side chatting that their noisy children are disturbing others.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Vista, California
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Do not stay here if you want to get some sleep.I had booked and prepaid this hotel for 4 nights.My room was on the 3rd floor facing the pool.Upon checkin the room was quiet,but in the early evening all hell broke loose.Screaming,yelling kids and their inconsiderate parents.I complained at the reception and asked to be given another room.No other room was available and at this time I was also told that there would be a party at the pool lasting until 1am.I ended up going to another hotel for the night so I could get some sleep, essentially paying for 2 hotel rooms for the same night.No manager on the premises to discuss the situation with and the reception personnel refused to give me a refund for the following nights since it was a special rate.The following day I was picked up at 9am for a tour at the hotel.Still no manager to talk to before or after my tour and I was stuck with the same room.The day thereafter I finally managed to speak to a manager and they were going to change my room.The new room also faced the pool and I immediately complained.I was then given another room further away from the pool.The room (as the one before) was very impractical,no chest of drawers to put your clothes or anywhere to hang them up.You basically have to live out of your suitcase.I attended the New Year's buffet and dance which was way overprized for the food offered. I had much better buffets on all the tours I took.At no point was I ever offered an apology for all that happened.The concept that someone would go to a hotel to get a good night's sleep is apparently alien to them.They could not understand that I wasn't delighted to be surrounded by screaming and yelling kids.Needless to say, I would not send my worst enemy there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Merida hotels

Xalapa, Mexico
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights with our 10 month old baby. The location is great. We could walk anywhere in the downtown. The service was great. We had lots of bags as we were looking for a long term rental, and the bellhop was great at helping us with all the bags. The staff was great in recommending areas of town to look for rentals and the breakfast at the restaurant was good. The beds aren't the most comfortable, but for a couple nights were fine. It is not a new hotel. The pool area and lobby is nice. This is a basic hotel and met all our needs. Don't expect much English, which was not a problem for us. They do have a staff member of two that understands English as we found out from observing some guests that knew no Spanish. Beware, if you book through Expedia or an online site and get a really good rate ( I think we paid about 30.00 per night) , as with most hotels, you will get the smallest room they have, but we didn't mind, as price was the biggest attraction for us and we expected this. Overall I would recommend this hotel as a safe, clean, very cost effective option with a good location.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This place serves it's purpose. Close to the central plaza, about 5 minutes easy walk. Air con works, beds comfortable. The rooms could do with some work. Shower has hot water but trying to turn off the water is an effort. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Kanto, Japan
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I was very confortable when I was stay in this hotel on Dec, 2012. It was nice tariff if consider the location and facility. And I like "Happy hour" in the bar which is a price of beer for doble from 6pm to 9pm. Also staff were very kindly for me though I am Japanese.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo