“Great location & value”

Ranked #72 of 104 Hotels in Merida
Australia
“Great location & value”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was part of a tour that used this hotel as its base. From here we travelled each day to see different pyramids and ruins.

The location was perfect with a easy 5 minute walk to get dinner or go shopping.

The rooms were cleaned daily and were great. Things didn't get to loud of a night. We also had breakfast each morning at the hotel. I suggest paying extra for an all you can eat breakfast.

My only issue was slight miss communication with those that didn't speak English very well. They wanted to be helpful but ended up telling me the wrong thing.

My suggestion - find the ones that speak better English and befriend them. I ended up going to them for all my advice and it really helped.

Lastly - you will Love the pool area!!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank OZtakesover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 25 September 2013

For some reason the night staff in the parking lot decided to cut metal and bang a hammer against metal until 3am. As you can imagine it is impossible to sleep. Calling the reception does not help, we tried calling the police but I don´t think they ever showed up. When we shouted to the workers to stop they started shouting abuse back. I really do not understand why they need to do this kind of work during the night, I know Mérida is hot during the day but you cannot be making noise throughout the night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Merida hotels

Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel with 20 other friends. It is supposed to be a 5 star hotel. The bell boys didn't even bother to ask us if they could carry our luggage.
Once I got to the room, I realized it had a balcony (it's a plus), but the wall in the balcony was about 1.50 meters high so it would cover the terrible view which was pointing towards a horrible parking lot in an even worse neighborhood.
After I took a shower I realized the whole water was leaking and my toilet seemed to look like a swamp after a hot shower, so I wasn't able to use the bathroom comfortably anymore.
After a long day in such a warm city a little swim is a must. In this case the swimming pool was closed and it said "under construction". I did not see anybody working on it during my whole stay.
The restaurant offers an average breakfast buffet. Not bad at all, but nothing too good either.
Try this hotel only if you do get a great rate. I'd rather spend a little more money and stay at the Hyatt.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank joakirrin
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This was how a native described the hotel. There are two sections, the older one is being updated, a small group of rooms at a time. Some of these rooms have balconies, but not, I believe ,in the new section. I stayed in the new section the first time and old section the second time. I liked the older bathrooms but the cooling system and convenience of access was better in the new section. When the bathroom was flooded due to shower door not closing, the desk quickly sent someone to clean it up, and on the last morning when our group of 25 had to leave by 7am, they opened the breakfast buffet an hour early, and that buffet is enormous! Their motto, "your home in Merida" is apt.

Room Tip: I don't think it has a fitness center, but ask if the room is in the old section has the room be...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Guillaume61
Marsascala, Malta
Reviewed 10 February 2012

If you do not give much weight on where you rest and put your head down during your visit at Merida, and just want to explore the city...than Aluxes is great for you. It is located a couple blocks away from the main square, with some souvenir shops and so, on the way. Rooms are clean but ugly, like the rest of the hotel. Have nothing bad or good to say about the staff. B'fast not so great either. Basically its a basic hotel for the less-then-finicky traveler who just wants a place for the night.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VeveMalta
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The first room they gave us had two twin beds even though they told us it would have one king, and the toilet was dirty and didn't flush. We went down to complain, they switched our room, but we had to pay 100 more pesos for the new room. The recehuptionist was really rude and unfriendly even though we spoke spanish. The receptionist and the bell boy both told us we had free breakfast. We didn't go to breakfast the first two days because we woke up early to take day trips. The third day we decided to use the breakfast. We showed up and asked the waiter if the buffet was included with our room. He asked for our room number and said he would be back with coffee, he came back to ask for the room number and said we could have breakfast. He walked by us and said nothing and didn't bring us coffee ever. After we finished our breakfast he came to tell us our room rate didn't include breakfast. He never told us before even though he was picking up our dirty dishes. We had to talk to the person in charge at reception who wasn't the manager, because supposedly the manager doesn't work weekends. The woman at reception refused to take responsibility and just gave us the runaround and said we had to pay even though they made a mistake. So in the end we had to pay 300 pesos for the worst food we've ever had in Mexico and were never allowed to speak with a manager. Supposedly our room rate didn't include breakfast. Our receipt just showed a total and they have no posted rates. I bet they run this scam all the time. There are cheaper, cleaner, and nicer choices closer to el centro, so avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Aluxessuks
DesMoines
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Los Aluxes, is a great hotel in a fantastic location. Close to many Plazas and restaurants. the pool is wonderful and the staff very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010