“stay away waste of money and time”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurante El Argentino - CLOSED

Restaurante El Argentino
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“stay away waste of money and time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Just got back from one of the worst steak dinners I have ever had. I order the 600 gram Prime Rib which was 300 grams fat grizzle and bone with the rest edible, tough, chewy meat. 350 pesos of garbage!! I wouldn't feed the fat to my dog. My friend had a filet which was juicy, not tender but some flavor, his wife had a skirt steak which they call arrachera, which was the best out of three but very small. No salad, no, vegetables and never offered a second drink, never checked back to see if everything was ok. After flagging our waiter down he made no apologies for my steak, did not offer to replace it, or even ask me what I wanted. After we ate still not an offer for a second drink even though I was sucking ice cubes he cleared the plates a two feet away began to pick a part my pile of fat and grizzle on my plate. What a clod. The bill came with no discount and again no apologies. 980 peso bill for three one drink and two glasses of wine.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Wilson222_11

Saint Albans, West Virginia
“Best steak we ever had in Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We have traveled all over Mexico and this is the best steak we ever had. They bring sample of all cuts to the table for your to choose from. We ordered the small tenderloin and it was a very generous proportion cooked perfectly. Served with baked potato and grilled onion. Great meal. Also had caesar salad prepared at the table. Good flavor but a little too much dressing for our taste. Valet parking very convenient.

• Visited March 2013
elargenmontejo, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Restaurante El Argentino, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Hi! we are so glad about your comments!, thank you very much! We hope that you return to Mérida and visit us again!
Best regards!
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“worth checking out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Nice restaurant on prolong Montejo.
Not the best décor , but not the worst either. Minimalist in its decoration, not my taste , but not impossible either.
Good food and good service, average wine list.
Great Caesar salad prepared table side. Good empanadas and steaks.
Desserts OK but not exceptional.
Overall not a bad experience, but not phenomenal either.
A no risk bet.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 150810Frank
“Wonderful steak!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

As we prepare to take another group of friends to El Argentino, we are reminded of the last visit...Wonderful, big, juicy steak..with baked potato. Also had a beautiful salad!! The waiters were excellent too!

• Visited February 2013
“Excellent meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Very attentive staff. The food was excellent and very well prepared. The salads were prepared at our table as well as the Irish coffee. Cudos to our server Rene who not only served well, but did an excellent job considering the language barrier.