“One of the best places to eat in Merida”

Hennessy's Irish Pub
Ranked #31 of 767 Restaurants in Merida
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hennessy's Irish Pub: Bringing an authentic taste of Ireland to Merida, Mexico. Opened in late 2010 by Irish expats Sean Hennessy and Colm Cooney, Hennessy's has quickly become one of Merida's favorite watering holes and resturants, popular with locals, expats and travelers alike. Don't miss Hennessy's stunning front bar, cozy Polo Bar in back, open-air patio and billiard room. In addition to its stellar Fish-n-Chips, don't-miss menu items include stunning curries, fresh salads and delicious steaks. Hennessy's also offers a great selection of beer, wine, cocktails and Irish Whiskey. And Guinness, of course.
Merida, Mexico
“One of the best places to eat in Merida”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a great place! Best food I've had in Merida and compares favorably to similarly-priced restaurants in other countries.

• Visited December 2013

“Chicken Curry”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The chicken curry here is really, really yummy! Plenty of food too! Everything I have had here is delicious...but this has been my favorite so far.

1 Thank Leann R
Merida, Mexico
“Just once. Really, just once”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I like this place. The food is decent, the owners warm and hospitable but just once i would like to go in there and not either have my bill padded or waiters decide what their tip should be by simply walking away with my change or even better yet, ordering a drink, forgetting I was supposed to get two, turning around instantly and being given a recipt for the same drink at a higher price. This is the only thing that gives me pause about this place. I think so many people get drunk in there that the staff think all gringoes just don't notice. Or they think we have so much money that when someone steals it we don't notice. I notice and it annoys me no end.

2 Thank CalleBroadway
Denver, Colorado
“A guilty pleasure”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Ok. So after a long walking tour thru town as a Spanish-as-a-second language, finding this respite was just the thing! An unexpected surprise and wonderful location on the Paseo M. A bit pricey, but the place is right on the mark! You get what you pay for and they have a good selection of beer. Clean, friendly, attentive staff made me feel like I was the only guy there. I was able to think in English for a few minutes, then back to the reason why I visit: Mexico is awesome!!!

Visited March 2014
Seabrook, Texas
“Nice pub”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stopped by for lunch just before the big st patrick's celebration. Has a nice lunch, I had the fish and chips and they were very nice, hubby had the mussels and enjoyed them...lovely atmosphere very friendly....we thought it was funny seeing all the staff decked out for the celebration and hardly speaking english....a fun time...menu looked very good.