We had occasion to stay at the Hotel Medio Mundo at the beginning and end of our visit to the Yucatan. We have stayed at several other good small hotels in past years but we liked the Medio Mundo the best.
- We arrived very late in the evening and were met by a friendly, helpful man.
- Like most hotels in Merida the exterior doors are well secured and monitored by the staff.
-The courtyards and swimming pool areas are beautiful with the rippling water just perfect for sound (but not overwhelming).
-There are two floors with rooms around the main courtyard. They are well appointed with queen and king beds, good linens, ceiling fans, commodious bathrooms and appropriate furniture.
- Everything was immaculately clean!!!
- The included breakfast in the morning around the swimming pool is a delight. Yogurt, fresh fruit and juice, wonderful breads and sweet rolls, cheese, coffee, tea etc.
- Every single person working at the Medio Mundo was wonderful, friendly,and helpful.
- There is a very good gift shop in the hotel with an excellent selection of Mexican items from shawls to jewelry.
- Owners Nelson and Nicole spent over two years completely renovating this hotel and have a wonderful book of pictures showing the transformation. They have done an excellent job of restoring a true, now modern, Mexican accommodation.
Very early the morning we left Nelson escorted us to the taxi. We said we had really enjoyed our stay at his hotel and he responded the he would be even happier to know that our whole time in Mexico was enjoyable. It was, but what a kind sentiment for him to express.
I am glad to say we have found our favorite hotel in Merida - The Medio Mundo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel MedioMundo is an enchanting 10 guestroom hotel located in the historical center of the colonial city of Merida, Mexico on the Yucatan Peninsula. A fine quality gift shop and a cafe serving 100% vegan international cuisine are located on the premises and are open to the public. Hotel MedioMundo has been welcoming travelers from all over the world since 2001. We offer our guests an urban oasis with lush tropical patios and pool, an intimate and serene atmosphere, and genuine Yucatecan hospitality to come home to after a hard day of vacationing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Medio Mundo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.