“Nice place, delicious food and inexpensive!”

El Chile Habanero Restaurante
Ranked #84 of 755 Restaurants in Merida
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Nice place, delicious food and inexpensive!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

A very nice place, excellent service, succulent food and something amazing is that I thought that because of the taste and quality of the dishes would be expensive but amazingly it wasn't. If you go to Merida in Mexico this place is a MUST.

• Visited January 2014

• Hungarian first
Tracy, California
“Nice Place - give it a try”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The first night we rolled into Merida, we got terribly lost. By the time we found our hotel in the centro, we were tired and just a bit on edge. We were also hungry. Wanting to get something quick and then turn in, we went to the first place we came to, which was El Chile Habanero. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but we weren't being picky at this point. We were pleasantly surprised when we went it. It isn't fancy, but was homey. The server was very gracious, and gave us some meal suggestions. Both my boyfriend and I enjoyed our meals. I had the Lime Soup, and my boyfriend had a steak. Both were delicious, and the prices was very reasonable. Would go again!

• Visited December 2013
Merida, Mexico
“Delightful”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We went with a group of six and had a variety of dishes. The price was Very Reasonable. The sauces were excellent and the dishes cooked perfectly. For the money this restaurant is definitely worth a return.

• Visited October 2013
Irvine, California
“Sophisticated ambiance for Merida.”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Wasn't going to review this as mixed feelings but here goes anyway. We walked by, looked at the menu outside, nice guy who spoke good English came out and sold us so in we went. Inside it's quite classy, lovely and cool, spotlessly clean and definitely has a more sophisticated atmosphere than most restaurants in Mexico. My wife got a club sandwich with a guacamole side which was quite good. I got a "local speciality"(?) which was chicken slices in a sweet/ever so slightly sour sauce with creamed spinach and some fruit arrangement. Wasn't exactly what I was looking to order but it sounded interesting and I wanted something healthy that wasn't greasy and based around carbs (as much of the Mexican staples are). The chicken and sauce was good although a tad sweet for my taste, the spinach just didn't taste right somehow, and the fruit arrangement, although cleverly constructed, seemed a bit out of sorts with the meal overall (melon and grapefruit bits with some jicama sticks).
I think some of the more "safe" items on the menu would be better (especially after reading a couple other reviews) I would probably go back but definitely choose something different.
Service was great and both owner and front of house guy spoke good
English. Very friendly!

• Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Very nice place”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Went here for pizza (daughter) and Yucatan food. The thin crust pizza was very good nice toppings and crunchy crust and for under $120 pesos, half the price as down the street. The sample platter I had was again very good, with Poc Chuc, Pollo Pibil and other authentic foods. Paintings on the wall are for sale. Nice atmosphere, attentive service. The Chaya drink was excellent sweet but overly so, like other places. Only downfall to this place is the bathroom(males didn't go into the female) mirror so dirty you could barely see yourself, tap not attached to the sink and covered in hard water deposits etc. A big let down after the main restaurant

• Visited August 2013