“Amazing Japanese in Merida Mexico” 5 of 5 bubbles

Miyabi
Ranked #51 of 718 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
sunshine coast.
“Amazing Japanese in Merida Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

After the very first bight we knew we were on a winner. A local friend took us there the second night we were in Merida. After 6 days in Cancun where the food was a big let down this was a wonderful surprise. In fact it was so good we went back for dinner twice! The owners were lovely and presentation first rate. We had the gyoza was amazing as was the ramen so fresh. The salmon fantastic and sushi as fresh as can be. A truly wonderful place and one for the books. Now off to New Orleans.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ozteam888

Los Angeles, California
“Authentic Japanese Restaurant in Merida North!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We usually don't go to Japanese restaurants outside of Japan, but decided to try Miyabi due to good reputations from locals. We really wanted to meet the Japanese owner since we haven't met any Japanese in town so far. But, unfortunately, the owner wasn't there the night we went. We order several varieties of nigiri sushi and we were not disappointed. It is located in the Northern(Modern) part of Merida in a small strip mall near Carl's Jr. It's a good 15 min taxi drive from Centro. Non sushi items are also good and authentic.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank PTRABBIT
Monterrey, Mexico
“Excellent food and very good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for about two years. The food has always been very good, if I may say excellent. It has had it ups and downs, especially when the owner had her baby, but they have been able to work out the details and they are back on track. We have found that their quality is very consistent and when they feel that the quality of one of their ingredients is not top quality they will tell you so and not offer you that plate. Their prices are a little on the high side, but I accept it due to the quality and service we get. The drinks and wine are good and reasonably priced. We have never to my memory tried their desserts, for my grandson loves the Argentine Ice cream parlor in the small plaza. I recommend the food, and yes it is a small restaurant, with an even smaller outdoor terrace, but you can call ahead to see how full it is. We normally go at an earlier hour because of my grandson, so we do not experience the problem of finding a table.

• Visited November 2013
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Seaweed Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

This place is often filled w regulars, including Japanese couples. The sashimi was good, but the seaweed salad was outstanding. Muy rico.

• Visited July 2013
Merida, Mexico
“Our first choice for sushi in Merida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I generally rate restaurants by asking myself, "would this place be successful in Chicago"? My home town may not be Paris, but it boasts a very wide range good restaurants. So when I ask myself if Miyabi would be popular in Chicago, the answer is a resounding "YES". We've been to this location three times now. As others mention, the seaweed salad is very good, not oily at all as it can be at other places. My wife raves about the Spider Roll with soft shell crabs. The crabs are the meatiest I've ever seen. And they give you an extra bit of the crab on the side when you order the roll. Heaven! The eel on our most recent trip was excellent. While the ambiance is not the best (rather generic), it is clean and I've always had great service my the owner himself. Will go back again real soon.

• Visited April 2013