“A bit expensive for what you get”
Review of La Parranda

La Parranda
Ranked #382 of 818 Restaurants in Merida
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I arrived in Mérida in mid-afternoon, so I went there for a late lunch. It was recommended by the guy at the front desk of my hostel, so I decided to give it a shot. Well, 79 pesos for an order of 3 tacos al pastor and a glass of agua fresca is a bit steep. The food was all right, but certainly not worth what I paid. I guess that I could expect no less from eating so close to Plaza Grande. Looks like a nice spot to have a couple of drinks, but the food, considering the prices, may not be worth paying that much. Wandering around later on, looking for a place to have dinner, I found plenty of establishments that offered much better value. . .

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This restaurant is well located near to the Grand Plaza in the centre of Merida. The night we were there we were able to sit outside to eat and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the city. The service was friendly. However, the meat in our Parradilla Mexicana was very overcooked, which detracted from enjoyment of the meal.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

right downtown and right on 60 and just a block from the zocolo, a never miss when in merida. Food not as good as it's main sister, Paranda, but great place to people watch... Evenings tables out on closed street.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Right in the center of Merida is this little gem. Super friendly waiters, live music and great atmosphere. The food was very good and very reasonably priced, just perfect for grabbing a quick bite while enjoying the charms of Merida Centro. I had lunch here both of my days in Merida, it was that good. Try the panuchos, and one order is definitely a filling meal for most folks. They also make a very good mojito.

If you are are fortunate enough to run into Fernando, he has a wealth of information to share about Merida. Be sure to walk around the corner to Mundo Maya for an outstanding shopping experience.

1  Thank Kathleen F
Reviewed 18 August 2012

La Parranda is a nice restaurant in the center of Merida. They have live music and it's great sitting there enjoying the meals, listening to the music and watching people pass by. The food was very good and the waiter understood English.