“Nice touristy restaurant, good food and good margarittas”
Review of La Parranda

La Parranda
Ranked #434 of 855 Restaurants in Merida
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Excellent location as it is fun to watch the street activity during the week end evening when their terrace is open. Good food, good margarittas, very friendly service. A regular stop for us, few times a week when we are in Merida

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I lost my camera canon 7d in this restaurant. After 4 days i called and the are return it to me! So, big respect for this kindly place. Except, the kitchen is a very good, and a Maya Lime Soup is bomb! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

What a location - the prime tourist trap and the right image. Perhaps hard to keep from getting snooty and cynical - but so unlike Merida. I was charged 88 pesos for a "yard" mojito. It certainly wasn't a yard (they do have yard-long glasses under the bar) it was a typical large margarita-style glass. But $7 for a cocktail in Merida? Then they added what they called a tip? So the total was over 100 pesos for 1 drink. Big mistake. I am living here for the winter, so might have been back often.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I arrived in Mérida in mid-afternoon, so I went there for a late lunch. It was recommended by the guy at the front desk of my hostel, so I decided to give it a shot. Well, 79 pesos for an order of 3 tacos al pastor and a glass of agua fresca is a bit steep. The food was all right, but certainly not worth what I paid. I guess that I could expect no less from eating so close to Plaza Grande. Looks like a nice spot to have a couple of drinks, but the food, considering the prices, may not be worth paying that much. Wandering around later on, looking for a place to have dinner, I found plenty of establishments that offered much better value. . .

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This restaurant is well located near to the Grand Plaza in the centre of Merida. The night we were there we were able to sit outside to eat and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the city. The service was friendly. However, the meat in our Parradilla Mexicana was very overcooked, which detracted from enjoyment of the meal.