“Relaxing time in a beautiful hacienda”
Review of Hacienda Xcanatun

Hacienda Xcanatun
Ranked #31 of 106 Hotels in Merida
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We loved this place so much we adjusted our second trip to include a couple of days here. The restaurant is world-class and my husband had been dreaming for two years about a tuna dish which fortunately was still on the menu. The buildings have been beautifully restored and the grounds are breathtaking. But the service is what makes this place special-lovely people who make every effort to help which makes this hotel a 5-star in our opinion. Go, spend a few days beside the pool, eat a lot and relax. Heaven.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FranA987
DTina, Owner at Hacienda Xcanatun, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you! We hope to see you back at Hacienda Xcanatún in 2014!

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Xcanatun

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We were a group of 14 people coming on a tour from Egypt to Mexico; all of us are experienced travelers.
The Hacienda is a beautiful hotel love the grounds the greenery, the suites are amazing. I just wished I stayed longer and explored more of the Hotel. The food whether breakfast or dinner was amazing top notch.

The staff are very friendly and were patient with us

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kabdelmessih
DTina, Owner at Hacienda Xcanatun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Hello, Karim! Thank you for your great review, we enjoyed having the group here! My husband and I spent 10 wonderful days in Egypt 5 years ago, and cannot wait to go back, what an amazing country! I hope you visit us again. Best regards to you and the others!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

If you are lucky enough to go to Merida, in the state of Yucatan, Mexico, there is a place you have to see, Hacienda Xcanatún, a unique place in a paradisiac town some miles away from the city.
And don't forget to visit its exquisite restaurant. There are some many wonderful dishes that I would recommend to have the typical "yucateca" food.
I am really sure that this is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Hello, Miliena. Thank you very much for your kind words, and especially for your appreciation for our restaurant. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

on a recent trip to merida to visit family, my boyfriend surprised me with an overnight stay at hacienda xcanatun to celebrate valentine's day. to say that it was one of most exquisite places I have had the pleasure to stay would be a disservice. the grounds are breathtaking and serene, and the suite we stayed in was perfection. our bathroom was especially amazing, with our stone jacuzzi with tranquil fountains and perfectly placed skylights. I am a furniture/interiors buyer for a large retail company in the US, and was beyond impressed with the level of attention paid to even the smallest of design details and furniture/fixtures throughout the grounds. it was very clear that the owner put a lot of time and effort into finding unique pieces for each part of the resort to enhance and add to each guests experience. I fell in love with the antique benches and lanterns just outside our room!
my boyfriend and I had our valentine's dinner at the restaurant and the service was superb. I actually have celiac's disease and thus cannot have gluten, and was overwhelmed when our server brought gluten free bread to our table without my saying a word. turns out my boyfriend's mom had called ahead and mentioned my allergy, and the chef made it a point to go out and get all the special ingredients to make sure I could eat everything on the menu (which is not easy to do!). eating gluten free is difficult when dining out, and I honestly have never been so impressed - the effort that went into doing that for me was so touching. they totally went over and above!
overall our one night getaway was just so fantastic and I am so grateful for the experience --hopefully I will get the pleasure of going back again someday soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello, Beth! It was a pleasure to meet both of you, we are so glad your stay was perfect! Please visit us again when back in Mérida.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

My wife arrived a little jetlagged in Merida from London on the evening of 13 February. At 1.00 pm the next day I told her she had an hour to pack an overnight bag, and then at 2.00 pm we drove off to our unknown destination (well, I knew because I'd booked us in at Hacienda Xcanatun for the night of the 14th!). I'd never been there before, and what a treat it was! And how many brownie points I earned for my Valentine's Day surprise. The staff were all unfailingly courteous, helpful and polite from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, and the room we were booked into, one of their superior rooms called Lupita I think, was so huge and luxurious we could have just stayed there all the time. The bathroom was about the size of our living room back in London and beautifully appointed. Dinner on the terraza was nice if not outstanding, and I was a bit disappointed that they only had a set Valentine's Day dinner and you couldn't order a la carte as I had heard wonderful things about the food, and breakfast the next morning was very pleasant. And then there are the grounds, fabulous and so restful to wander around, and the lovely pool! We had a wonderful stay, and it was definitely our best ever Valentine's Day! I don't know how I'm going to top that next year!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
DTina, Owner at Hacienda Xcanatun, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, Mr. Bruton. We enjoyed hosting you! Next time, we will make sure that you can order from our regular menu. Best regards to you both from all of us at Hacienda Xcanatún!

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Loved it!! Beautiful setting. Grand and charming. It is a hotel, too, but we just went for a late lunch on a Wednesday.

Food was great! We all tasted a bit of eachother's so I speak from firsthand experience of all of these dishes... I had the Tequila-Lime shrimp - it was very tasty jumbo shrimp and potatoes and asparagus. While it was a solid good, I gotta say it paled in comparison to the two dishes my friends had.

One friend had the pork tibil - big big meal probably good for two to share unless you're really hungry. Such tender and delicious pork - with a lovely delicate flavouring. You get rice with it and onions and little tortillas to warp it up in. Yum!

The other friend had the grouper with zucchini scales and pumpkin seeds. Awesome delish!!!!!

We topped the meal off with a few after dinner drinks - one had the local drink that starts with "X" which was nice - kind of a black licorice taste. I had the Tio Pepe which I kinda didn't like - but what do I know about after dinner drinks (not much!). The other had Ferreiro port - very nice.

Overall a really lovely meal in a beautiful setting!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank luvmypuppy

Thank you for your great review! We are very happy you enjoyed your meal. Next time you visit, the Xtabentún after dinner drinks will be on the house. And I agree re. the Tio Pepe, it is a very dry sherry best suited as a before-dinner drink!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Sergio at the xcanatun hacienda was most accomadting.
A beautiful room equistite dining with flower petals on the table a special chocolate biirhday cake and personalized card with flower on the bed made this time there one of the memorable experiences of my wifes life.
A wonderful experience.

Geostactic

• Stayed: January 2013
DTina, Owner at Hacienda Xcanatun, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you for your kind review, this kind of details is what Hacienda Xcanatún is all about. I have passed your congratulations on to Sergio, positive feedback is so important for our staff!