Hacienda Xcanatun
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$83
Hotel del Peregrino(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Breakfast included
US$129
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Casa del Balam(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$88
US$86
US$36
Agoda.com
All reviewsde piedradeluxe suitecovered terracemerida areagrounds are gorgeouslocated minutesrestaurant staffshort driveprivate tourspacious bathroommodern amenitiessmall hotelpoolshaciendaluxuryyucatanmexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2008

I travel to Mexico regularly and always try to work in a few days at the Hacienda Xcanatun to relax and decompress. It's a fabulous place . It is exquisitely decorated, the rooms are huge and the bathrooms out of this world. The master suites are my favorites, but I also like #8, which is a superior. Heck, I like 'em all...

Great food, wonderful gardens, two beautiful pools and a spa (the Maya treatments are awesome!). I particularly enjoy my conversations with the owners Jorge and Cristina - they are charming and share a wealth of information about the area. Jorge, the son of a noted archeologist, grew up on digs in the area and he knows all the out of the way spots. If you want to get off the beaten path, just chat with them. They're always around making sure everything is running smoothly and the guests are happy.

I'm counting the days until my next visit, because there will be more!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Betsy12
Reviewed 28 December 2007

My husband, three-year old and I recently spent three nights at the Hacienda Xcanatun. While the nearby surrounding area is at odds with the Hacienda itself, once you arrive you are transported to another place....lovely gardens, wonderful accommodations and good food. The staff was very gracious with our daughter, but next time we'll leave her with the grandparents. Finally, the service at reception is not as warm and "caring" as one might experience at a comparable 4/5 star property in Mexico; however everything else about our stay made up for it.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Roamaroundtheworld
Reviewed 9 October 2007

I can highly reccomend Xcanatun to you as a wedding venue. I got married there in June 2007. We had a wonderful day, the rooms, service, food, flowers etc were all perfect. And it was so easy to organise as Mariana and Christina (events organiser and Director) did all the work for us.
All guests and ourselves are already planning return visits.
The food was delicious. Our group totaled 12 people and we had a taylor made menu of 3 options for each course. Guests choose from these options as we sat down to dinner. Service was impecable.
Mariana and Christina organised everything for us. From only a couple of conversations they had clear idea of what we wanted and arranged everything accordingly. For flowers and table arrangements i did not have a clear idea of exactly what i wanted (i knew more what i did not want!) So i requested something modern and pink. Mariana did a superb job organising the most beautiful boquets and center pieces just going on this limited information. She also arranged hairdressers and makeup artists and someone to press clothes the morning of the wedding.
The location is perfect. We combined a tour of the Yucatan with our stay in Xcanatun, visiting local ruins, cenotes, colonial towns and beaches.

There are many other haciendas in the Yucatan but we did not find any with the intimacy and attention to personal service that Xcanatun has.

We were looking for a small hotel with excellent food, so the award winning restaurant at Xcanatun was the first thing to interest us. This was closely followed by the beautiful hotel and high level of service.

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank pinkpea
Reviewed 31 August 2007

This year, my wife and I traveled from Los Angeles, CA to Mérida, Yucatán to celebrate my birthday at Hacienda Xcanatún that we had heard so much about, and we had a wonderful time.

But it wasn’t until the flight home that it really hit me just how wonderful our stay had been. We started talking about our trip, about the experiences we'd just had, like how much we enjoyed the friendliness of all the staff at the Hacienda, how they made us feel welcome right away...

...waking up to the chirping of birds, surrounded by those beautiful gardens we strolled through, discovering the beauty that is there to behold for whoever wants to take the time...

And the meals.were just great ! We enjoy eating well and we did just that. Breakfast, which we had several times on the private terrace outside our suite, was delicious, as was dinner, which we had every night at the Hacienda’s restaurant. One look at the menu made us want to try everything, so each night we asked for something different and everything was delicious, I must say that the service was also first class.

One afternoon my wife decided we should try the spa and I asked for the “Mayan” massage... it was splendid. We left the spa feeling very relaxed and quite content walking through the gardens, admiring the architecture of the Hacienda, which is really spectacular, heading toward our comfortable and spacious room.

By the way, from the first night on, my wife kept saying how well she slept and that’s not something she says too easily of any place that’s not home.

One day we went out sightseeing in Mérida and the owners gave us tips and helped us make arrangements to visit several must-see spots where we got a taste of the local tradition and did some shopping. It was great fun.

As we went over all this on the flight home we realized what a deep impression these days at Hacienda Xcanatún had left on us and how much we enjoyed our stay.

I wouldn’t mind at all if we celebrated my birthday there again next year!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Cappy_7
Reviewed 27 August 2007

I've been to Hacienda Xcanatun several times and have always enjoyed it immensely. Hacienda Xcanatun is a true sensory delight. The rooms are lovely, soothing and perfect for a very comfortable stay. As mentioned in several reviews, the exotic gardens are beautiful and the sounds of nature that surround you are quite special. And then there's the food... oh my gosh, the food! Each dish is beautifully presented and I have never tried anything I haven't liked...loved. I have eaten exceptionally well at Hacienda Xcanatun. And every time I've been there, I discover a new dish to add to my long list of favorites.

Personally, I love the location because you are close enough to the city of Merida to drive in at any time and yet you are not in the middle of the noise and traffic of the city. You're also a close drive to Progreso, a charming beach town. The owners, Cristina and Jorge, are often present, keeping a watchful eye on things to ensure snag-free day to day operations. They're very friendly and love to share their extensive knowledge of the region with their guests.

All in all, I would highly recommend Hacienda Xcanatun for any special occasion, from a personal relaxation trip, to a romantic honeymoon, to a fun-filled adventure to discover the many charms of the Yucatan area.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple