Hotel San Juan
  • Free Internet
Hotel Mucuy(Merida)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdoor closedclean roomsgreat locationfew blocks from the main squarehot waterswimming poolwifilobbyplazacourtyard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2008

I have stayed at the Hotel San Juan more than a dozen times in the last six months. They are an excellent value and above average in every department. The lobby with its big chairs and courtyard is a nice place to relax. The rooms are not luxurious but very, very adequate and clean. The staff is very helpful which you would expect after talking to the owner of this family owned business. The location is the best in Mérida as it is close to the square and just enough distance from the busiest street in the city to be quiet at night. You are also close to a beautiful old church and a plaza with entertainment especially on Sunday afternoon. There is no place more secure and brings consistent service and the best value in the city! The only reason I didn´t mark it excellent is that I too have stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Cancun which I would give an excellent rating and the price is several times higher. Again, you can´t beat the value.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2008

Probably the best deal in town. Great location, low rates, clean, a/c, pool and really nice place and people. Right down town and just can't beat it

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2008

I called the hotel to make a reservation. They asked me to send an email with all the information and I did it. They forward me with the confirmation. When I arrive to the hotel they had cancelled my reservation without notice leaving me without hotel and without any help in a city that I did not know. I was traveling for a wedding and I missed half of it because of them.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2007

I had stayed the night before in the Hotel El Flamingo where I was plagued by bed bugs and was looking for an inexpensive but clean hotel nearby. I was happy to find the Hotel San Juan. It was very clean and comfortable. It is centrally located. I only stayed one night but felt very comfortable there. The room is air conditioned and had a ceiling fan as well. I did notice that around the doors and windows there were gaps where mosquitoes could enter although I did not have any problems with this and did not notice any mosquitoes in the room.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank viajero5
A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas City
Reviewed 11 June 2006

I've read a review from last year on this hotel and have no idea what that person is talking about as this is a very clean hotel. I didn't see any trash by the pool or dirty sheets in our room. We had planned on staying next door at the Luz en Yucatan because we had stayed there before but they were full. The hotel San Juan had a great price, a/c, clean rooms and a nice pool. They are also close to the main plaza and there are a couple computers in the lobby with internet access. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business