“Unusual”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merida
Hotel Trinidad Galeria
Ranked #86 of 106 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel seems to have had some more glorious past, but what is left is some arty hotel reasonably priced. The swimming pool was open the last time I was there. The rooms are spacious, the staff very helpful. The hotel is located only a few blocks from the main square.

Room Tip: Get AC if you can. All room seem otherwise being quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Trinidad Galeria

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The location is excellent, the rooms are large and the airco worked great. The staff was helpful. But this hotel has seen better days. As long as you know what you will get that should not be a problem. Not a lot of water came out of the shower, and overall it was a little dingy. I am not a neat freak and don't mind a bit of dirt, but the pool I would not use. I saw it in the morning and had to pass. It is a large pool though and after some other people had been in it, it looked a little better.
Lots of mosquitoes in the outdoor /gallery areas, maybe because there was no ventilation there. Also don't ask for shampoo, they will refer you to a supermarket down the street where you need some sort of membership card. Breakfast was not included but they have a convenient water refill station.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here two separate times on the same trip, and enjoyed it both times. The first time, they checked us into a very spacious and breezy room, but it turned out that the water pipes were being repaired and they had to move us, and we wound up with a cramped room with no windows. Perhaps as a result of the room change, the receptionist woke us up at 5am saying that someone had called for us, but we weren't the people that the caller was asking for. Besides these two minor details, our stay was nice.

On the second stay, we had a bigger room, and I got the chance to try the pool, which was small but very relaxing and cool after spending all day in the Mérida heat!

Lastly, our rooms also came with a complementary continental breakfast, which wasn't half-bad, and parking right outside reception. In any case, the hotel is close enough to everything downtown that you can just walk to wherever you're going in that area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Art work, antiques and gardens are worth the stay. We stayed in a wonderful room, see picture. In August, the ensuite air conditioner was not plumbed to the outside and the condensed water dripped into the room, making it quite humid. But, then, all of Merida was quite humid. The bed was firm and room was clean. Plenty of places in this hotel to explore. After the 1st night in the drippy room, we switched to a different room without problem. There was no air conditioner, just a fan, but it was fine.

Room Tip: It might be helpful to ask to look at the room before checking in. All the rooms seem to be differen...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

the most eclectic collection of modern and contemporary art I've seen in years. Swimming pool was wonderful - lemons fell on my head from the overhead trees as I swam.
some communication problems - we received three breakfasts when we only asked for one - but it all added to the experience.
I would go back there today if I could.

Room Tip: mixture of different types of rooms. we had a suite for three people and it was roomy and comfortabl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 13Lin13
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed in this cute hotel, during a 3 week trip around Cancun, Playa, Tulum, Vaidollid, and Merida. I have to say this hotel was the cheapest but my favorite hotel to stay at during my journey through the Yucatan.

What I loved...The art.....It is an amazing place with art everywhere...It is an old mansion that was left as a cultural historical building which is not allowed to be tampered with, so the flaking paint is a testament to that as is the old mosaic tiling and artwork that stands to both haunt and inspire.

It is a bit like a labyrinth of sorts..When you enter, you walk through an window to window corridor wall to wall with amazing artwork...There is an upstairs and downstairs, all which lead to a room from this old mansion that leads you to ask yourself what could have been inspired in this very center. I rented a room with a king bed, air conditioner, and private bathroom...

It is 70s style and has the feeling of an old mansion that has a story to tell that you would never imagine in your wildest dreams..

Merida is a very hot hot place from what I hear. I travelled in March and it was hot but not as hot as I hear it can be in June...So the fact that this hotel has one of the biggest pools in Merida, drew locals and tourists to dip their feet in the cool waters.....

I paid only 50 usd per night and had the best stay with breakfast included.....Toast and coffee!!!!

You must check out Merida for the art....I was blessed to have stumbled upon an amazing artist, supposedly from Tulum...who has his art exibited in Galleria Merida....Carlos Maria Lafuente.......Amazing, Breathtaking, and the gallery, another mansion reconstructed!!!!

Merida is a must and this hotel!!! AMAZING

Room Tip: take advantage of the art street!!! it is literally one street of art gallery after art gallery!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Aramanasoul
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I only spent one night at this hotel but I'd recommend it to budget travelers and arty types. It’s a gallery obscura with many intriguing antiques and curious works of art. My room was clean, comfortable and inexpensive. It was quiet and I slept well.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo