Ranked #6 of 41 Tours in Merida
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Beautiful! Thoroughly enjoyed visiting both locations - we had an excellent tour guide that shared lots of information and pearls of wisdom with us! Well worth visiting both sites!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I purposely avoided going to Chichen Itza (which I had been to many years ago, anyway) in favor of Uxmal and Kabah due to what I heard are the hordes of tourists who go there and therefore ruin the atmosphere of such a mystical place. I was not disappointed in Uxmal or Kabah. Uxmal is a very large site with a wonderful large pyramid, smaller pyramids, and lots or architectural adornments. You can climb some of the smaller excavated sites for fantastic views. The site is large enough to accommodate the fewer tourists who are there so that you don't feel crowded or like you're in a tourist trap. On to Kabah where there are still two amazing Mayan figures at the back of one of the pyramids. Lunch is included in this tour and the tour guide/driver cleverly chose to have lunch in between the two sites which facilitated the group dynamics.

1  Thank maringfro
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It was great to see both a set of ruins that have been mostly restored and then some that are a work in progress. Both were incredible, and our guide was fantastic. The lunch spot was pretty good, but the view from the hotel balcony there was the best. It made us want to spend a night there in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Only 80km from Merdia Uxmal is an ancient Mayan City. The tours are run by the government and the place is not yet "discovered" by the masses unlike many of the historical spots in Mexico. Great pyramids and temples. suitable for all ages as much is not too strenuous.

1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have been on this day tour while on my cruise from New Orleans , Louisiana USA to port Progresso, and then to Cozumel Island. I enjoyed climbing on one of those famous pyramids Maya Indians erected, and also liked nature and flora of those places. I really enjoyed this tour.