Koox Art 57 Boutique Hotel
Hotel Zamna(Merida)
  • Pool
Hotel Colon(Merida)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate jacuzzipriced hotelcentral positionsmall poolroom was spotlessly cleanmain plazacute hotelsome great restaurantsstandard roomdesk staffblock walkwalking distancejunior suitecool downgreat roomfirst floorair conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Room was really nice. Tranquil. The service was above and beyond. The best I have ever experienced. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone. The location is very convenient for good food and getting around.

• Stayed: December 2012
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KooxHotels, General Manager at Koox Art 57 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear JntBecker:

Thank you for recommending us, we are happy to serve you as you deserve.

We will be waiting for you again in Merida.

WELCOME HOME!

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

This place is located about 6-7 blocks off the main plaza which is easy to get to. This is also on the same street as La Chaya maya ( great breakfast/ lunch place )The staff offered a map at check in. There is also parking around the corner at another hotel. Our room was very nice, we did not get the King bed we wanted but we also knew the bedding was not guaranteed as we used a wholesaler to book. The bathroom is huge and while the hot water can be lacking I think it may be more to possibly everyone using all the hot water at the same time but It was so hot and humid in Merida I took a cold shower which was refreshing. The wifi is free and although spotty, it never let me down. I using that same wifi to write this review. The place is clean but we had these tiny tiny ants crawling in our room. Not a lot of them but they are so tiny i didnt want to bring a visitor with me to my next destination. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
KooxHotels, General Manager at Koox Art 57 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Michael T:

We are very happy to know that your stay with us was enjoyable. We hope to see yoou again in Merida or in our hotels in Playa del Carmen and Mahahual.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We could only stay one night, but could not be happier with our choice at Hotel Art 57!
Great spot, close to the Zocalo and great restaurants
Staff was very helpful in pointing us to good eating spots- and the hotel had a design flair that made it special.
Larry & Julie
Phoenix, Arizona

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Amanda:

Thank you very much to your input. Is nice for us to know that you liked our hotel and enjoy with our friendly staff

Welcome Home!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This hotel is a five minute walk from the main plaza. The rooms have air conditioning and are on the small side, but very comfortable. There is a small wading pool set amongst lovely tropical foliage. The staff is young, welcoming and very accommodating. They aim to please. We made several requests of Pati and Eduardo, who always helped with a smile. This hotel is my new 'Home away from home'.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool or street, they are larger.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I have stayed at Art57 twice in the last two months. I stayed in both the most economical room type and the slightly more expensive room. For about $8 more you get a slightly larger room with more furniture and a king sized bed. Rooms are new, modern, nicely decorated with concrete white washed floors. If you've ever stayed in an Aloft hotel this is similar but a bit bigger and better quality. The staff is friendly and professional. My favorites are Patti and Eduardo, the most professional and knowledgeable of the front desk staff. Storage space is lacking in the smaller rooms. Hot water doesn't last long but then again it's never really cold in Merida so a less than hot shower is generally not a problem. Also the internet seems to come and go which is a challenge if you're there on business as I was. You can't beat the price, location and quality. The beds are very comfortable. The air-conditioning works well. I would definitely return again and have recommended this property to several friends.

Room Tip: tiny hotel all rooms are great, it just depends upon whether you want a queen or king size bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
KooxHotels, General Manager at Koox Art 57 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Mexiamor:

Thank you very much for your input, we are happy to make your stay with us has been good. We hope to serve you again as soon as possible.