“Nice ex-Hilton hotel”
Review of Wyndham Merida

Wyndham Merida
Ranked #27 of 106 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Overall nice hotel. Clean. Breakfast quantity on the small side (for American appetites) but fresh and tasty. Parking space extremely limited but you can park on street. There is also an overlow parking lot a couple of blocks away but did not feel secure at night.
Note this is no longer a Hilton/Doubletree property.

• Stayed: December 2013
EduardoMartinez1416, Director General at Wyndham Merida, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

WT Hotel
White Town Hotel

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here for one night as I had an early flight. Very good value, nice, new and clean. It is a little off the from the main tourist area, but taxi's are every where and cheap. This is an adult hotel, I don't recommend it for children as it is very quiet and the pool area is very small and intimate. We will stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
EduardoMartinez1416, Director General at Wyndham Merida, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The White Town Hotel is a former Doubletree product, which we didn't know until after we'd arrived. We stayed xmas eve and xmas night. Total bill: $177.44. This is a 5 - star place with restaurant and separate bar. Don't know about the prices at the bar, and we only had breakfast. But it was great and inexpensive. Service in all aspects was incredible. A 50 - peso taxi ride from the cathedral. We had never been to Merida but consider ourselves extremely fortunate for booking this place. This isn't the norm for us in accommodations, we opt for 2 - star or 3 - star places.

Mark (for Janet)

Room Tip: I don't know whether it has a spa. Taxi ride to main square.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a recently renovated hotel, very modern and nicely done. The rooms are great and very comfortable and contemprorary. We stayed there for one night and it was not bad. It is walking distance from ADO bus station, great if you take a bus to Cancun. The room for one night cost us around $100 so not cheap. The only issue was the bathroom, they have no tub there and the sink was clogged which was a problem. Also in the morning we were checking out at 6 am and there was no one at the reception to check us out.

However it is a good hotel, well kept and since it is new they are pretty keen on doing a good job.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs not at the ground floor

Dear Guest:

I appreciate your preference to stay with us as well as the time spent to send us your comments. I offer an apology for any inconvenience we mentioned, I will meet with my team to avoid happening again

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This relatively new Hotel has very nice, not to big but very cozy and comfortable, clean rooms. Ideal for business trip, free Wifi with a good signal, free parking, near Paseo Montejo and the International Hotel zone. This Hotel we have visited already the second time. Friendly staff. The Restaurant is comfortable, the food not extraordinary, but we must admit, that we visited the Restaurant only on our first trip and therefore should give them another chance next time. If you visit Merida on the Yucatan Peninsula, we believe that the White Town Hotel all in all is a very good choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the White Town Hotel and was really dissapointed with the restaurant. Service was good but the food does not match up with previous reviews I've read on tripadvisor. The menu boasting to serve both 450g rib eye and 800g tomahawk steaks, I assumed the chefs would be experienced in cooking the steaks to rare, medium or well done, but this was not so. The 2 steaks my partner and I ordered came out well done, even though I requested 'rare' and my husband requested 'medium rare'. I stupidly sent mine back to the kitchen to be recooked and a new steak was returned blue with a cold centre. I then asked for it to be cooked for an additional minute. Finally when it was returned, it was covered in grill debris with the occasional crunch. Feeling a little concerned and unsure, I pretty much left my meal as it was. Paid and left. After a little research, it seems that Mexicans eat their steak well done, with little variation. Had I known this before, I would have chose another less expensive type of meat. But alas I though the hotel restaurant that is part of Hilton group would have trained its kitchen staff to meet international standards. But lesson learn. Don't order steak in Mexico, or perhaps do your research. The sides and entree were not very favourable either. The mash was chunky and the meals did not meet any menu descriptions. Maybe the main chef was away, but I suggest, if you stay at the Hotel, give the restaurant a miss unless you are lookin for a medioca experience.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Happidaiz7
EduardoMartinez1416, Director General at Wyndham Merida, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to this beautiful city. Your comments are much appreciated by us to improve day by day.
I offer an apology for not fulfilling a basic requirement as the cooking of steaks, I'll check with our chef personally to prevent this from recurring in the future.

We hope in the near future in this home in Merida.

WT Hotel
White Town Hotel

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed three nights at the White Town hotel in Merida. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and the room was very comfortable, with all the amenities. We especially liked the numerous empty electrical outlets (often hard to find) for charging our devices. The free WiFi was excellent, too.

While it is not that close to the center of town, it is possible to walk and the taxi ride is only about 40 pesos. The neighborhood is safe for walking, and even after midnight walking to the Oxxo convenience store about 4 blocks away we felt safe.

We found breakfast to be a little slow and not extraordinary, but it was fine, and a lunch we had was very nice.

One note - at this writing there is no sign with the hotel name, but the covered "Doubletree" sign shows lit at night. Taxi drivers don't know White Town, but tell them Hilton or Doubletree and they know just where to go.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank erklein

ear Guest: Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to this beautiful city. Your comments are much appreciated by us to improve day by day, really appreciate the time it took to send it.

We hope in the near future in this home in Merida.

Eduardo Martinez