“Lebanese-Mid East casual food”
Review of Cafe Alameda

Cafe Alameda
Ranked #220 of 783 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Lebanese
“Lebanese-Mid East casual food”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Since the secret is out, I will comment also. Cafe Alameda is a sit-down no décor restaurant North of Merida's Zocalo that specializes in Lebanese food. Just keep walking to the back if you want the sky overhead. My wife and I have eaten lunch there four or five times. We have enjoyed the hummus, pita, a spinach pastry (spanakopita), lamb kebabs (alambre), and baba ghanouj. Lebanese desserts have those Middle Eastern spices that are familiar but a mix that is so “warm”. Not sure how to describe it better. I love the mamules (walnut-filled pastries) Good casual place, service is prompt, and the food comes out very quickly. Price and value are excellent - the two of us had full lunches for around 200 pesos. Merida is an “International City” due to restaurants like this. We will be back for mamules next winter.

• Visited May 2012

Boston
“Solid Lebanese food at a great price”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I was surprised that Cafe Alameda wasn't on TripAdvisor since it's mentioned in a number of guidebooks, so I requested that it be listed.

Basically, Cafe Alameda is a sit-down restaurant in Merida's Centro that specializes in Lebanese food. We ate there twice for lunch (it's not open for dinner) and ordered items like hummus/pita, a spinach pastry, fried lamb balls, shish-kebab, and baba ghanouj (some of the best we've had and definitely better than Alberto's, a more well-known and expensive Lebanese restaurant). There were also Lebanese desserts available. I've never been to a Lebanese cafeteria, but I would imagine that it would serve the same type of filling, casual food that Alameda serves.

Service is prompt, and the food comes out very quickly. Price and value are excellent - the two of us had full lunches for around 150 pesos.

Overall, Alameda is a very good option for an lunch in Merida, particularly if you are looking for something different from Mexican food or want vegetarian options.

• Visited January 2013