All reviews bone china small balcony within easy walking distance delicious breakfast late at night rooms are spacious wonderful hosts three nights enjoyed our stay wendell mexico linens centro courtyard
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The room was spotless. Clearly the whole place was decorated with an artist's hand. While staying only one night I feel that both Wendell and Patrick are friends. You must stay here before the word gets out. Love what you have created, guys!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave V
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Having experienced Merida, her charms, and hotels in the past, I can attest to the fact that Wendell and Patrick's amazing Villa Tievoli made all the difference on my most recent trip. I happenned to be there on business, but left Merida feeling as if I had had a lovely vacation. The central location made getting to and from meetings perfect, and the fast wi-fi connection never failed. But business aside, the perfect pool, the available owners and the amazing decor must be mentioned. As a woman traveling alone, I always felt safe and enjoyed walking to the central Zocalo in the evernings. The room I stayed in had lovely light, antique accents, and a clean comfortable bed with nice linens. The bathroom was large with great lighting, and a nice shower with good water pressure and heat. Wendell and Patrick offer an intimate experience that other hotels can't come close to. My husband and I are planning a trip back soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CJLC
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Hospitality abounds with the comforts of this home away from home. I can relax and enjoy the Villa as a jumping off point to discover Merida and the Yucatan on holiday. Or if traveling on business the Villa Tievoli offers a solid central location with fast Wi-Fi and the perfect relaxing atmosphere after a day of work.

I have stayed at the Villa Tievoli several times in my recent travels to Merida and can state it is now my new favorite place to lodge when in Merida. Hospitable innkeepers, clean and spacious accommodations and a wonderful attention to detail.

In summary the Villa Tievoli is everything I look for when traveling in a well run inn.

I strongly recommend you give it a try. Due to its intimate size advance reservations should be considered.

Room Tip: My choice is the groung level suite. The location suites me.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed staying with Patrick and Wendell. They are such good hosts and we wish we could go back today :) It really felt like staying with family. The room was very clean and was really pretty, like the rest of the house. And the standard is alot higher than what we were used when we were traveling Mexico. So it was really relaing stay because we felt so at home and secure at Villa Tievoli.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fredrik O
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Wendell & Patrick The Villa Tievoli owners are wonderful & super friendly. We highly recommend this excellent B & B so relaxed and peaceful place to spend your vacation. Our rooms were spotless clean,spacious and modern. Free Wi-Fi strong signal. Comfortable mattress,pillows. Nice bathroom and shower good hot water pressure. We couldn't have found a better place. Patrick & Wendell would have breakfast table set outside in the BEAUTIFUL Courtyard. We originally had booked 2 rooms for 3 nights, but we like it so much and were so, nicely treated by our hosts that we extended our stay to 8 nights. We rented a car and Wendell volunteered Patrick to drive us to Celestun a 45 min drive from Merida. Patrick & Wendell were extremely accommodating and knowledgeable about the area very helpful with information and suggestions to what to see and do. We have great pictures and memories of our stay @ The Villa Tievoli Good size swimming pool I to cool down after visiting downtown Merida.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple