“Great location and helpful owners”
Review of The Villa Tievoli

The Villa Tievoli
Santa Rosa, California
“Great location and helpful owners”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and left feeling like we had spent time with family.

Villa Tievoli is in a great location - within walking distance of the zocalo but tucked away so it was nice and quiet at night. It is very clean with a lovely courtyard where we had breakfast each morning. Breakfast is something to look forward to. We were there for Hanal Pixan and Patrick created an AWESOME and fun breakfast with an edible skull. Another morning he thoughtfully incorporated bananas when he knew we would be exploring Mayan ruins in the hot sun that day.

Our room was immaculate, the bed comfy, and the room had an en suite bathroom and air conditioning (essential for us as we are not used to the heat and humidy of the Yucatan).

Wendell and Patrick were super helpful - they found out what our interests were and arranged for a car and guide to take us to nearby Mayan sites, gave us restaurant recommendations and provided us with towels for the cenotes and even let us use a messenger bag for our day trips. They are also interesting and funny - I really like those guys!

We loved our trip to Mérida and will definitely be back and look forward to staying with Wendell and Patrick again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My boyfriend and I came to this hotel actually by reference of Julamis owner. We are grateful he did. Is the most beautiful and great place to stay. The room was spacious, extra clean, with very nice and artsy design. Patrick and Wendell are friendly and very nice people. We haven't been in Merida before and they share their tips and recommendations, and help you trough all your vacation. They gave us towels for our beach trips, water, umbrella and everything we may need as if they were family. When we got out we keep mentioning the hotel as "home" because that is what it feels like. They inform you of tours you may be interested and take care of all the logistics. Patrick's breakfast is delicious and served outdoors or indoors, he asks for your preferences so you enjoy your meal. We will surely come back soon and spread the word about this beautiful hotel and people. Thank you guys.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank DanielaDuarteZ
monterey,ca.
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Patrick and Wendall epitomize the perfect couple owning the perfect B&B!!! After spending 2 unwanted, unexpected nights in Houston, this was a welcoming, fabulous 4 day mini-vacation!! The room downstairs is so spacious and being on the street was not even an issue with the noise...Patrick's daily breakfast was perfect for starting out the day. The silver service, the beautiful china and the attentive and personal service will never be forgotten. This was my first time in Merida and I can hardly wait to plan my next visit..... with the Villa Tievoli being my destination home away from home!!! Thankyou you both so much!!! Best Regards, Mark Goodman

Room Tip: Book early since at the moment, they only have 2 rooms to rent....They plan on 2 more in the future...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank montsalasmark
Ellison Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The room was spotless. Clearly the whole place was decorated with an artist's hand. While staying only one night I feel that both Wendell and Patrick are friends. You must stay here before the word gets out. Love what you have created, guys!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dave V
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Having experienced Merida, her charms, and hotels in the past, I can attest to the fact that Wendell and Patrick's amazing Villa Tievoli made all the difference on my most recent trip. I happenned to be there on business, but left Merida feeling as if I had had a lovely vacation. The central location made getting to and from meetings perfect, and the fast wi-fi connection never failed. But business aside, the perfect pool, the available owners and the amazing decor must be mentioned. As a woman traveling alone, I always felt safe and enjoyed walking to the central Zocalo in the evernings. The room I stayed in had lovely light, antique accents, and a clean comfortable bed with nice linens. The bathroom was large with great lighting, and a nice shower with good water pressure and heat. Wendell and Patrick offer an intimate experience that other hotels can't come close to. My husband and I are planning a trip back soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank CJLC
Atlantis, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Hospitality abounds with the comforts of this home away from home. I can relax and enjoy the Villa as a jumping off point to discover Merida and the Yucatan on holiday. Or if traveling on business the Villa Tievoli offers a solid central location with fast Wi-Fi and the perfect relaxing atmosphere after a day of work.

I have stayed at the Villa Tievoli several times in my recent travels to Merida and can state it is now my new favorite place to lodge when in Merida. Hospitable innkeepers, clean and spacious accommodations and a wonderful attention to detail.

In summary the Villa Tievoli is everything I look for when traveling in a well run inn.

I strongly recommend you give it a try. Due to its intimate size advance reservations should be considered.

Room Tip: My choice is the groung level suite. The location suites me.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bruce H
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed staying with Patrick and Wendell. They are such good hosts and we wish we could go back today :) It really felt like staying with family. The room was very clean and was really pretty, like the rest of the house. And the standard is alot higher than what we were used when we were traveling Mexico. So it was really relaing stay because we felt so at home and secure at Villa Tievoli.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple