“Transcendent B&B”
Review of The Villa Tievoli

The Villa Tievoli
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Villa Tievoli is a world into itself in the heart of Merida. The beautiful white facade blends into the traditional colonial architecture of the neighborhood while creating a gorgeous oasis within. The pool, courtyard and sitting room are immaculate, tasteful and personal. Our room was large and comfortable, decorated simply but elegantly, with a well-appointed private bath.

Patrick and Wendell are consummate hosts who love spending time with their guests. They provided informal but effective concierge services, answering all our questions about Merida and the surrounding country and even polling their large circle of local friends for additional information.

The breakfast was sensational, different every day, and served on a different set of china. There are 28 sets, so you could stay a month and never see the same set twice. Our hosts' many years in the hospitality industry is evident in every aspect of Villa Tievoli, but Patrick's awesome breakfast service is simply astonishing.

I haven't written a review in a long time, but our amazing experience at Villa Tievoli compelled me!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomjacobson

Reviewed 1 December 2013

One can only describe the beauty of this lovely bed and breakfast as magical. It's obvious that great effort and a love of detail has gone into the decor, room design and comfort. It's an oasis really after a day of visiting thronged Maya Temples, Merida's downtown busyness and various museums. Both Patrick and Wendell are the consummate hosts ... happy, polite, friendly, engaging and yet at the same time respectful of personal privacy. If you tired of sterile hotel environments and wish a respite into charm and simple elegance, where one can truly relax and refresh, I highly recommend The Villa Tievoli. I am a repeat visitor because I appreciate the care, comfort as well as location. It's quiet.

Room Tip: Book early. They are busy !
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jana C
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my third trip to Merida and staying at the Villa Tievoli made this trip extra special. The hosts, Patrick and Wendell become family after just a short time, making you feel extra welcome to their lovely home. Spacious rooms, an outside pool and patio, and so close to downtown this is the perfect place to stay for business or pleasure.
Patrick's breakfast is delightful and a wonderful way to start your day before heading to the pyramids or cenotes or just a stroll downtown.
I highly recommend that anyone heading to Merida spend all your nights here and be welcomed like family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CollageMaven
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I've been home all of 2 days and one of the things I miss most about my trip to Merida is Patrick and Wendel's company.
These two are just lovely and make the villa a home from home with a touch of flair.
From the gorgeous homemade breakfast served on Wedgewood or Royal Dalton china (Patrick has a collection he is very proud of) to the time you turn in at night you are spoiled and attended to perfectly.
The rooms are spacious, airconditioned, clean and quiet. There is a pool and sitting area in the garden where I spent much of my time relaxing.
The guys are happy to assist with booking tours and advising on local interest, even going so far as to translate at the local tour office for me (my spanish is somewhat lacking)
They even send me home with a wee pouch of Rose Tea as I had commented that I enjoyed it!
I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shambles8984
Reviewed 13 November 2013

With a a lot of love for details, the villa tievoli provides a great and relaxing atmosphere to spend a nice time in Merida. Our room was spacious, clean and realively quiet although beeing located at the groung level and facing to the street. We were very pleased by the friendly owners and the delicious breakfast. The city is just a 10 min walk away.
We can really recommend this place to everyone staying in Merida.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tio L
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and left feeling like we had spent time with family.

Villa Tievoli is in a great location - within walking distance of the zocalo but tucked away so it was nice and quiet at night. It is very clean with a lovely courtyard where we had breakfast each morning. Breakfast is something to look forward to. We were there for Hanal Pixan and Patrick created an AWESOME and fun breakfast with an edible skull. Another morning he thoughtfully incorporated bananas when he knew we would be exploring Mayan ruins in the hot sun that day.

Our room was immaculate, the bed comfy, and the room had an en suite bathroom and air conditioning (essential for us as we are not used to the heat and humidy of the Yucatan).

Wendell and Patrick were super helpful - they found out what our interests were and arranged for a car and guide to take us to nearby Mayan sites, gave us restaurant recommendations and provided us with towels for the cenotes and even let us use a messenger bag for our day trips. They are also interesting and funny - I really like those guys!

We loved our trip to Mérida and will definitely be back and look forward to staying with Wendell and Patrick again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie G
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My boyfriend and I came to this hotel actually by reference of Julamis owner. We are grateful he did. Is the most beautiful and great place to stay. The room was spacious, extra clean, with very nice and artsy design. Patrick and Wendell are friendly and very nice people. We haven't been in Merida before and they share their tips and recommendations, and help you trough all your vacation. They gave us towels for our beach trips, water, umbrella and everything we may need as if they were family. When we got out we keep mentioning the hotel as "home" because that is what it feels like. They inform you of tours you may be interested and take care of all the logistics. Patrick's breakfast is delicious and served outdoors or indoors, he asks for your preferences so you enjoy your meal. We will surely come back soon and spread the word about this beautiful hotel and people. Thank you guys.

• Stayed: October 2013