“Soup locks diner's eyes into permanent roll of ecstasy!”
Review of Tiz y Tab

Tiz y Tab
Ranked #317 of 830 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

As do many Trip Advisees, we enjoy long strolls through neighborhoods of  safe foreign lands to learn how local folk dine.  A 10-mile (16-km) stroll might be normal for us but it still conjures a mighty hunger.

Today, returning to within sight of Tiz y Tab sets our jaws to aching for hearty, restorative, flavorful Yucatecan fare. We ate here yesterday, too!

The first time I ate their Sopa de Lima (lime-flavored soup w. shredded chicken) my eyes locked into a permanent roll of disbelief.  When I can see again, I'll return for more!

Another of my favorites here is Pescado (fish) a la Plancha.

Tiz y Tab serves breakfast, lunch & dinner in a cozy, 4-table, corner of an intersection that enjoys its share of Mérida street noise.  Popular with locals, the place is busy with take-out orders and with those of us who like stay, gawk and listen.

[nb. I may have mis-labeled a photo with the phrase "Sopa de *Limón*"]