Angeles de Merida Bed and Breakfast
US$89
US$120
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Ibis Merida(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$44
Hotel del Peregrino(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$59
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$185
US$180
La Mision de Fray Diego(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$78
Hotels.com
US$35
US$34
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My wife , sister and I stayed at Angeles de Merida this past January 2009. Also my sister , son and I stayed here in November 2007. Most enjoyable is Dawn our hostess who takes care of your every need. From exquisitely decorated and maintanted rooms, to a tasty & attractively served breakfast, to tour guide and shopping partner (for my sister) Dawn makes you feel like part of her family ( husband Jim too) and that you don't ever want to leave. Upon arriving in our room (El Castillo), my wife exclaimed, "This is heaven on earth!"
After two visits to Angeles, we are already planning to return in February 2010.
I highly recommend the Angeles de Merida B & B to anyone who wants to experience a gracious hostess and the Mexican "mi casa es su casa" ambiance. It has become our "Personal heaven on earth."
Gracias Dawn and Jim, for making us feel so at home. "We'll be back!"

Ray at [--]

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2009

We stayed at Angeles de Merida for four days and wished we had stayed longer! We were greated like family by Dawn and shown to our amazing room, Acosta, which has two double beds. This place is so clean you will not believe it! Dawn's assistant Maria takes a lot of pride in cleaning your room each day and she is an amazing asset. Whenever we got in the pool towels would just appear there for us without even asking!The location is on a very quiet stree but still walking distance to all the excitement of downtown. The pool is amazing and really refreshing after a day at the ruins. Dawn would bring us drinks and chat like we were old friends as the sun set. She was very nice to our son and she really pays attention to detail-- one morning she noticed I didn't like papaya and the next morning she gave me a different fruit and no papaya, so sweet! You really have to stay here!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2009

My husband and I spent Christmas at Angeles de Merida this year and could not have been happier with our experience. I have been to Mexico over 10 times and this ranks as one of my favorite spots. Dawn and Jim, your hosts, were extremely accommodating and knowledgeable about the area. They directing us to some amazing, off the beaten path destinations instead of the bigger "tourist traps" of the region. We took local, public transportation to all of our day trips and not only was is very cheap, but truly added to our experience. We loved our spacious, clean room, decorated with local folk art and beautiful tile. The breakfast eating area was an oasis as we sat by the pool each morning to enjoy our homemade breakfast and great conversation with the other guests. Since it is a small B&B (only 4 or 5 rooms) it is a very quiet and intimate environment. It is in a great location, away from the loud and crowded town center, but it is easy to get everywhere with a little walking. The only downfall was the local restaurants in Merida (which Dawn and Jim warned us of). We were a bit disappointed with the quality of the food, and had our best meals at the little taco stands. We will definitely return and would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Let me begin by saying that my husband and I have stayed at some amazing 5 star properties within the US and the Caribbean. I booked this B&B because I felt it looked like the kind of property which appealed to our overall sense of style. I have to admit....when we arrived in Merida our first impression was a bit apprehensive because we drove in through the part of town which was not exactly "appealing." Boy, were we pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Angeles de Merida! Behind the tastefully painted facade, lay the most beautiful home I could have imagined. Dawn greeted us with such a sincere kindness! Our apprehension faded quickly and we knew we had made the right choice. Dawn made us feel right at home and showed us the entire property. Our room was tastefully decorated and overlooked the lovely courtyard and pool. Every morning a delicious breakfast was always prepared with the best fruits, and variety of dishes to keep you interested and full until late into the day! We had several afternoons when we would sit with Dawn and enjoy cocktails and nachos and just chat about Merida or anything else that came to mind. We really enjoyed those late afternoon chat sessions!
What truly seperated Dawn from the rest...is I have some very tricky health issues which require certain foods to regulate clotting. When I mentioned I was not getting enough of the "greens" I needed...Dawn went to the mercado and bought them for me. I was able to use the kitchen as if it were my own home and was able to ward off some potentially tricky issues. It truly touched me that she did that! I could go on and on about other lovely things that she did for us, but bottom line is that this B&B is hands down one of the loveliest places I have ever been. My husband and I were headed to a 5 star resort after our 4 night stay here and I did not want to leave Dawn and Angeles de Merida! That is a true testiment to her achievement at creating a wonderful experience! We will definitely be back to visit Dawn and I not only left Merida with fond memories, but also with a new friend!!!! Gracias Dawn!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 February 2009

My husband and I have traveled extensively, often staying at 4 and 5 star hotels around the world.

On our trip to the Yucatan, we decided to try a B&B, choosing, over the internet, Angeles de Merida in the city of Merida. We found it to be a gem.

Driving up for the first time we wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. The neighborhood, at first glance seems run down. However, once we stepped inside Angeles de Merida we found a lovely, gracious B&B that holds its own with many of the “luxury” hotels we are used to. It is a beautiful property—painted with stunning colors; lovely landscape and a beautiful swimming pool. The rooms are simple but spacious. Black-out shutters kept us asleep; the bed was very comfortable; the towels—the softest in the Yucatan! It was spotless. (And, once we got acquainted with Merida, and some of the neighbors, we realized that Merida and the Yucatan has practically no crime, and we walked the streets night and day with ease.)

The owner, Dawn Cutts, asked about our dietary needs before we arrived, and cooked accordingly. But what made our breakfasts, and time just hanging out there even more memorable, was Dawn herself, who seemed to know every nook and cranny of Merida and the surrounding countryside, and practically planned our entire stay for us!

An added bonus was the camaraderie of our fellow guests. We highly recommend Angeles de Merida.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)