“Memories of a Lifetime”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Angeles de Merida Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 80 Merida B&B and Inns
“Memories of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I found the website for Angeles de Merida Bed & Breakfast when i was searching for an authentic place to stay in Merida. I kept coming back to this site because it just looked so warm, inviting, and beautiful. The owners, Jim and Dawn, were exceptionally helpful during the booking process and booked a trip to Uxmal and Kabah for us before we even arrived.
When we got to the B&B, it was everything I had hoped for and more. First off Angeles de Merida is simply stunning. Attention to detail was given to the decor, it has a beautiful sense of style, and just being there was a treat for the eyes. The rooms overlook a lush courtyard and pool area, so the view is stunning. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious, and that same attention to detail is paid in everything from the beautiful linens to the couple robes. Each morning we looked forward to sitting in the common area and enjoying the wonderful breakfasts that were prepared, and chatting with Dawn and Jim. Merida is a gorgeous colonial city that is alive and vibrant. The location of this B&B is prime, as it is away from the hustle and bustle yet close enough to walk to the center of town.
We were there over Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed all the festivities. We felt the true spirit of Christmas within the city. Dawn and Jim treated us like family, and we shared a lot of fun moments with them - we walked away from this experience feeling like we had made some new friends.
We simply cannot say enough about the beauty of Merida, the spirit of Merida, and the wonderful hospitality we experienced while we were at Angeles de Merida. We count this short stay in Merida as one of the most memorable vacation experiences we have ever had. No stay in the Yucutan would be complete without spending time at Angeles de Merida.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 14 November 2009

We loved our room in this colonial gem - very comfortable and beautifully furnished. Breakfast served by the pool every day was great and best of all, the owner went out of her way to answer all our questions about Merida and all the attractions, including many that you won't find in the guidebooks.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Panama
Reviewed 24 October 2009

Loved the ambiance and friendliness of Angeles de Merida. The owner, Dawn, is so helpful and knowledgeable about the area and was always ready to recommend things to do and places to see. My room was beautifully decorated and very spacious and comfortable. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My wife , sister and I stayed at Angeles de Merida this past January 2009. Also my sister , son and I stayed here in November 2007. Most enjoyable is Dawn our hostess who takes care of your every need. From exquisitely decorated and maintanted rooms, to a tasty & attractively served breakfast, to tour guide and shopping partner (for my sister) Dawn makes you feel like part of her family ( husband Jim too) and that you don't ever want to leave. Upon arriving in our room (El Castillo), my wife exclaimed, "This is heaven on earth!"
After two visits to Angeles, we are already planning to return in February 2010.
I highly recommend the Angeles de Merida B & B to anyone who wants to experience a gracious hostess and the Mexican "mi casa es su casa" ambiance. It has become our "Personal heaven on earth."
Gracias Dawn and Jim, for making us feel so at home. "We'll be back!"

Ray at [--]

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2009

We stayed at Angeles de Merida for four days and wished we had stayed longer! We were greated like family by Dawn and shown to our amazing room, Acosta, which has two double beds. This place is so clean you will not believe it! Dawn's assistant Maria takes a lot of pride in cleaning your room each day and she is an amazing asset. Whenever we got in the pool towels would just appear there for us without even asking!The location is on a very quiet stree but still walking distance to all the excitement of downtown. The pool is amazing and really refreshing after a day at the ruins. Dawn would bring us drinks and chat like we were old friends as the sun set. She was very nice to our son and she really pays attention to detail-- one morning she noticed I didn't like papaya and the next morning she gave me a different fruit and no papaya, so sweet! You really have to stay here!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 15 March 2009

My husband and I spent Christmas at Angeles de Merida this year and could not have been happier with our experience. I have been to Mexico over 10 times and this ranks as one of my favorite spots. Dawn and Jim, your hosts, were extremely accommodating and knowledgeable about the area. They directing us to some amazing, off the beaten path destinations instead of the bigger "tourist traps" of the region. We took local, public transportation to all of our day trips and not only was is very cheap, but truly added to our experience. We loved our spacious, clean room, decorated with local folk art and beautiful tile. The breakfast eating area was an oasis as we sat by the pool each morning to enjoy our homemade breakfast and great conversation with the other guests. Since it is a small B&B (only 4 or 5 rooms) it is a very quiet and intimate environment. It is in a great location, away from the loud and crowded town center, but it is easy to get everywhere with a little walking. The only downfall was the local restaurants in Merida (which Dawn and Jim warned us of). We were a bit disappointed with the quality of the food, and had our best meals at the little taco stands. We will definitely return and would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Let me begin by saying that my husband and I have stayed at some amazing 5 star properties within the US and the Caribbean. I booked this B&B because I felt it looked like the kind of property which appealed to our overall sense of style. I have to admit....when we arrived in Merida our first impression was a bit apprehensive because we drove in through the part of town which was not exactly "appealing." Boy, were we pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Angeles de Merida! Behind the tastefully painted facade, lay the most beautiful home I could have imagined. Dawn greeted us with such a sincere kindness! Our apprehension faded quickly and we knew we had made the right choice. Dawn made us feel right at home and showed us the entire property. Our room was tastefully decorated and overlooked the lovely courtyard and pool. Every morning a delicious breakfast was always prepared with the best fruits, and variety of dishes to keep you interested and full until late into the day! We had several afternoons when we would sit with Dawn and enjoy cocktails and nachos and just chat about Merida or anything else that came to mind. We really enjoyed those late afternoon chat sessions!
What truly seperated Dawn from the rest...is I have some very tricky health issues which require certain foods to regulate clotting. When I mentioned I was not getting enough of the "greens" I needed...Dawn went to the mercado and bought them for me. I was able to use the kitchen as if it were my own home and was able to ward off some potentially tricky issues. It truly touched me that she did that! I could go on and on about other lovely things that she did for us, but bottom line is that this B&B is hands down one of the loveliest places I have ever been. My husband and I were headed to a 5 star resort after our 4 night stay here and I did not want to leave Dawn and Angeles de Merida! That is a true testiment to her achievement at creating a wonderful experience! We will definitely be back to visit Dawn and I not only left Merida with fond memories, but also with a new friend!!!! Gracias Dawn!!!!!

• Liked — The Host! Good location and great value. Met some very nice guests also staying at the property.
  • Disliked — There was a neighborhood rooster that crowed alot early in the morning! Was kind of funny, though!!
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)