“Great Value For the Money”

Hotel del Peregrino
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Merida
LA
“Great Value For the Money”
Reviewed 13 July 2007

This is my third trip to the Yucatan and my second to Merida, and my second stay at Hostal del Perigrino. In all of Mexico I love Merida. It is the best of the Spanish, Mayan, and Caribbean culture in Central America, without the price-gouging of the Mayan Riviera.

What I especially liked about Hostal del Peregrino is that after a day of activity in town or a trip to one of the Mayan sights, I come back to a clean room and pleasant atmosphere, Chill for the evening, or go out to dine. No hassles, no unpleasantness, no noise from the neighborhood or the party-making type of travellers. By next morning I feel refreshed and ready for another adventure.

This place is ideal is ideal for the budget-minded traveller or those, like me, that simply need a clean room and congenial atmosphere and don't believe in spending corporate prices for that. I rather spend my money on good food, seeing the sights, and shopping. The bilingual staff is personable and helpful, which is good because I don't do well with Spanish at all. Rooms are clean and bright and airy. The location to the center of action and sights of Merida is convenient, only five minutes walk, but you feel you are away from the hubub.

Merida is a great base for day trips to the Mayan sights and the staff will help with tour planning and booking. I happily recommend this facility. I plan to be back next summer.

• Liked — Cleanliness, quiet, friendly staff, location
  • Disliked — Al fresco area can be a bit hot if you are late for the courtesy breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 23 October 2006

We are currently staying at the Hostal del Peregrino. As hostals go, this is quite nice as compared to the other hostals we've stayed at. Clean and quite and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank andreaD099
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 July 2006

My boyfriend and I were very happy with Hostal del Peregrino! It was an excellent price and the people who work here were very helpful and kind. In addition, the building it´s in has been restored and it has many beautiful details. We also really appreciated the daily breakfast in the outdoor kitchen, which was a lovely place to start the day. I will definitely recommend Peregrino to others who travel to Merida. Thanks so much!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member