Nomadas Hostel
US$111
US$108
  • Pool
Hotel del Peregrino(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Breakfast included
Merida Santiago Hotel Boutique(Merida)
US$185
US$153
US$134
US$80
Luz En Yucatan(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Pool
US$113
US$110
US$131
US$117
Koox Art 57 Boutique Hotel(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$76
Agoda.com
US$206
US$197
US$274
US$267
All reviewssalsa lessonsprivate roomfemale dormmexican cookingcooking lessonlots of free activitieshammocks hangingfree cooking classesdance classessalsa classawesome pooltypes of cerealfree purified watercommon areasa fantastic place to stayla negritaother travelers
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Nomadas for 4 nights in april. We really enjoyed the days by the pool, breakfast was very good compared to what we had other places in Mexico and the kitchen was fully equipped so we could cook our own dinner. This place offers free salsa and yoga classes and arranges cooking classes for the very reasonable amount of 25 pesos! There was no parking at the hostel, but we could easily park our car right outside. This place is definitely recommendable

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MrsBennekow
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Lived here for 14 days until i found a permanent home in Merida. The staff was amazing! I got really sick and they just helped me so much!
Amazing surroundings, great breakfast and funny activities in the night.

Room Tip: I think that the mixed rooms a pretty fine. The beds are not very close.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Christina D
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I loved the swimming pool and the iguana garden where you can rest, read and enjoy. Although there were many people there you can have your privacy. I loved that you can choose to participate on cooking lesson, salsa and yoga. Hostel is lika oasis in hot merida. Rooms could be more comfortable, but those privates near pool are very good. And it would be better if there were more bathrooms.. But generally I loved it!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nestashna
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I may be going against the grain here but I wanted to write an honest and up to date review based on me experience and that of other travellers I met here. The pool is amazing, and definitely a big plus when in such a hot busy city as Merida. But the hostel itself doesn't have much else to offer. The staff are helpful but don't socialise or really chat with the guests at all. There are signs absolutely everywhere saying things like silence after 11pm ( which is rigorously enforced) and that if you check out 1 min after 12pm you'll be charged for another day. I didn't stay in a dorm but te private rooms are dingy and ridiculously hot - my boyfriend and I were in a small double which became a concrete hot box as was so impossible to cool down even with the door open that we had to sleep by the pool. When I told the staff about this and asked that something be done they just said there was nothing they could do. There is no air con anywhere, just fans that pretty much just circulate hot air. Also breakfast is terrible - warm milk, stale brea and cereal, oh and another sign explaining the rationing of bad bananas and oranges. We met some great people as the hostel is so popular but were very disappointed by the facilities and service. If you are coming to Merida I'd say read up on other places before following lonely planet advice!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Arrived in Merida without a reservation and didn't have a problem getting a room. I thought I was only going to stay for 2 days, ended up staying for 4 and had the hardest time prying myself away.

What can I say that hasn't already been said, this place is amazing! The staff is amazing. I love Jesus, he's so helpful. They have great activities all week, from nightly salsa to cooking classes, $25 pesos gets you a lesson and ingredients to make your meal. Water cooler (free!) is such a welcome addition in a country where you can't drink the water.

The space is incredible. Hammocks abound, lots of garden/relaxing outdoor space. The pool is such a treat. I would use it for laps.

Breakfast is simple: three fruit options, bread, toast, honey, butter, and jam; usually a couple cereals and milk; coffee and tea. Full kitchen with two ranges you can use to cook.

Wifi is decent, you may be able to get in a skype video/hangout during off-peak usage. During peak hours it slows down. Merida is extremely well connected city. You can get free wifi in all the public parks. Head north to Parque Santa Ana (Calle 47 btwn Calles 58/60) or Parque de la Mejorada (Calle 57 btwn Calles 52/50). Mejorada has charging stations. The ones in Santa Ana were not working. Santa Ana has lots of food stands and a market. Parque de Santiago is cheaper, but a bit of walk. Also has wifi and working charge stations. I found the public wifi to be much stronger, especially in Mejorada. I was able to have video Hangouts with ease.

While the sleeping areas are nothing special (I stayed in the women's dorm) I got great rest.

Nomadas is the place to stay. Many residents will tell you that they came for a day or two and ended up staying longer. It is that type of place. There's a nice balance between short and long term residents. I never had a problem extending my stay on day-by-day basis. Nomadas will spoil you. If you plan on going to Campeche, stop their first so you aren't bummed by the price hike and lack of amenities.

I would love to return.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a bunk in the back of the women's dormitory. If you like waking up to morning light, ask for a bunk in the front room. Try to get a bottom bunk, they are a bit wider.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo