“Relaxing & Friendly”
Review of Casa Isidora

Casa Isidora
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merida
Casa Isidora
Ranked #98 of 104 Hotels in Merida
vernon, british columbia
“Relaxing & Friendly”
Reviewed 26 February 2006

We originally wanted to stay in Merida for 6 days but after 1 day, went to Progresso because Merida was just too busy and too many people. Stayed at Casa Isidora and loved it. Rooms were clean and cozy, very friendly people, good food and overall a place to return to without hesitation. Met lots of friendly people there who we will keep in touch with. Peter and Marion were great hosts and staff at Casa Isidora were very helpfull especially Miguel.Progresso proved to be very layback,a very safe place to wonder around in and quite inexpensive. This is the type of place you can call "A home away from home". We will probably return next year.

6 Thank sylo

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York
Reviewed 15 December 2005

Me and my family of wife, 3 kids a, a dog and 2 cats spent a fabulous time in Porgreso at Casa Isidora. These peopel sure love children and animals. The food was great, the room very cleana and the staff helpful. We will send our friends their way. A 100 year old mansion became our home. Thank you Casa Isidora.

• Stayed November 2005
1 Thank maryquite
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 November 2005

We first stayed at a place on the malecon waterfront, but after three sweaty nights on questionably clean sheets that popped off the unquestionably dirty and painful mattresses, we fled and luckily found sanctuary at the Casa Isidora, where we stayed for a week. The AC was heaven, the sheets were CLEAN and smooth on an extremely comfortable bed, our room was spotless, as well as the bathroom, which had a large, powerful shower. It is a renovated Spanish hacienda around 100 years old with lovely tiled floors. I found the ambience to be wonderful and the staff polite and kind. The owners were very helpful, informative, and good people. We'll definitely go back, and will send our friends.

Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
pittsburgh
Reviewed 7 October 2005

I stayed here in July for one night only. When I arrived, the room wasn't ready so I sat down in the courtyard and ordered a beer. We own a farm and use our worn out sheets to dry off the baby cows when they are born. Well, those sheets were in better shape than the sheets they were putting on my bed. There was no kitchen; the internet didn't work; and no tv. I have to say that I've seen better in my many years of traveling. Around ten o'clock I went to bed. Fell asleep and around eleven, someone pounded on my door, to see if I was in my room. Needless to say, it took several hours to fall back asleep. I left in the morning and didn't look back. Was so relieved my husband wasn't with me. He would have ranted to entire night about what a dump the place was. I see on the real estate sites the place is for sale. Good luck to the new owners.

• Stayed July 2005
32 Thank lippincottfarm

Travellers are raving about these Merida hotels

clark summit, pa
Reviewed 5 September 2005

One of the worst dumps we have ever stayed in . Notice how all the other reviews are provided by Peter 'lol' the owner. He also charged my credit card before I arrived so that I can't back out. It's a dirty, dimly lit house, no breakfast, stale coffee is always in the coffeemaker. It's not a hotel or a BB just an old house where they kind of lock you up at night (it was scary)! Internet doesn't work, the rooms have no windows, filthy bathroom and roaches all over. Don't make the same mistake I made, run from it, do not believe this Peter guy. Progresso is a nice town, beautiful malecon, nice water, fantastic seafood restaurants, lot of Canadian folks who all hate Peter. They helped us out with free coffee and hot chocolate for my son, felt bad how Peter and his wife have been fooling innocent people from the States and Canada who want to experience simple mexican lif.

• Stayed August 2005
35 Thank sara95
Montreal
Reviewed 25 March 2005

Casa isidora and the town of Progreso are the best kept secrets in Mexico. Casa Isidora is a 100 year old beach hacienda, renovated to international standards.
Each room has beautiful Spanish tile floors, a private bath, air conditioning. and beautiful high ceilings.
The Casa offers free internet, international telephone service and satellite TV.
The bar and restaurant is absolutely fantastic and the food even better. Lupe is the best chef in Progreso.
The staff aer great and accommodating een to nitpickers like me.
Highly recommend the experience of staying at Casa Isidora and visiting Progreso.

6 Thank pecuspete