“Comfortable, relaxing, great getaway”
Review of Casa Isidora

Casa Isidora
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merida
Casa Isidora
Ranked #97 of 103 Hotels in Merida
A TripAdvisor Member
“Comfortable, relaxing, great getaway”
Reviewed 17 July 2006

My wife and I stayed at Casa Isidora for three nights. Upon arrival, we were immediately struck by the welcoming, warm atmosphere from the owners, Marion and Peter. At the conclusion of our stay, we felt like we had visited with family. Marion and Peter and their entire staff were friendly and very helpful. Our first night, we preferred to stay at the hotel and not go out for dinner. Marion told us dinner would be prepared for us. Being vegetarians, we didn't want to trouble them being that it was already later in the afternoon. Marion said "if you could wave a magic wand and have anything you wanted, what would you have." We were treated to a sumptuous vegetarian delight of pasta, fresh vegetables and cream of spinach soup. The rooms were very clean. The bar was open and we helped ourselves to cold beer, only having to settle up at the end of the stay. They were all so informative and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
raleigh
Reviewed 25 April 2006

We are sooo happy we stayed at Casa Isidora. Our dog loved it too. Quaint old beach hacienda has been updated into modern international hotel. International TV, telephone, and internet. Rooms are spectacular. Food and bar are best in town. ONLY Health department approved restaurant.
Stay there. You will say thank you.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank brianinseattle
New Brunswick
Reviewed 16 April 2006

Listen up Canadians,
If you are in Progreso you must stop in at Casa Isidora. Its run by a Canadian/American husband and wife team and if you are craving news of home you can sit down with a drink and enjoy you favorite Canadian shows on their satalite TV. Also there are other folks just like yourselves around the place using the free internet service or having a meal in the restaurant. We took Spanish lessons there in the shade in the courtyard with their wonderful teacher Yonathan. Peter and Marion (the owners) also helped us figure out the phone system in town and solved some other mysteries we had questions about concerning the local culture. Its a great place!

7 Thank SnowGoose
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2006

Once again we came back to Casa isidora in Progreso.
This hotel just gets betetr every time we visit. The rooms are spotless and the ambience is warm and friendly. Inetrnational TV, internet and inetrnational direct dial telephone(only one in Progreso) makes this place a wonderful home away from home.
The clientele is becoming more exclusive all teh time. Cheaper places can be found but nothing better. Like they say , you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 7 March 2006

First of all, out of a month of travelling, staying in 9 different hotels. This was the only one that I had to pay for in advance. Now I know why!
After 6 hours of travelling, I walked into the Hotel around 1:00 PM and saw a sign for "All Day Breakfast". Great, I love breakfasts at any time of the day.
When I tried to order I was told by Peter that the kitchen was closed because they were preparing for a Mariachi Festival that evening. The free phones and Internet were not working, so there was no way to call a taxi. No problem, I walked back into town to get some lunch, and spent the day wandering around Progresso.
Around 7:00 PM, I went back to the Hotel, and prepared for dinner. Guess what! The only meal available was part of the Mariachi Festival, priced at $ 35.00 US, which was too much for my budget. I asked Peter if the kitchen could just make me a Burger or a sandwich. He said "I can't put the staff through that kind of stress."
Still no phone, so I walked back to town to get something to eat. The free Internet never did work. The free breakfast the next day was make yourself some toast, after which I carried my luggage back to the Bus Depot, and left Progresso!

• Stayed February 2006
32 Thank JR_the_2nd

Travellers are raving about these Merida hotels

vernon, british columbia
Reviewed 26 February 2006

We originally wanted to stay in Merida for 6 days but after 1 day, went to Progresso because Merida was just too busy and too many people. Stayed at Casa Isidora and loved it. Rooms were clean and cozy, very friendly people, good food and overall a place to return to without hesitation. Met lots of friendly people there who we will keep in touch with. Peter and Marion were great hosts and staff at Casa Isidora were very helpfull especially Miguel.Progresso proved to be very layback,a very safe place to wonder around in and quite inexpensive. This is the type of place you can call "A home away from home". We will probably return next year.

6 Thank sylo
New York
Reviewed 15 December 2005

Me and my family of wife, 3 kids a, a dog and 2 cats spent a fabulous time in Porgreso at Casa Isidora. These peopel sure love children and animals. The food was great, the room very cleana and the staff helpful. We will send our friends their way. A 100 year old mansion became our home. Thank you Casa Isidora.

• Stayed November 2005