“Just Great!”

Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Merida
San Francisco, California
“Just Great!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Originally we wanted to visit one day Merida because we have not a great expectation about this city... big mistake! it is a great city, full of things to do, very clean and beautiful, so we decide to spend more time in Merida and we found The Villa Merida, what a nice place to stay! we delight with this paceful, green, silent, charming, romantic and friendly place; we arrive before the check in time and we receive our room inmediately, the friendliness and warmth of staff are notorious, we heard their suggestions about places to visit and have lunch and dinner, everything was wondenful, my girlfriend loves the architecture and fell in love of The Villa, I'am very impressed with the service and staff's knowledge about Merida and Yucatan, they make feel like a part of this place. Best wishes for you.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite upstairs is fantastic!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

What a nice surprise to experience the best quality of service, in a place where you have the staff support to make more comfortable your stay and have the best value of your money. Since the reservation I make a couple of requests and both were satisfied. The worst part of this stay is I should go home, because I feel like to stay here for a long, long time. I appreciate a lot the personal attention of the manager Mr. Luis Osorio who is very professional and helpfull (He help me to solve a very embarrassing inconvinient with my credit card), I receive a refreshing welcome coctel with cucumber and chaya and the breakfast is delicious, with this kind of service experience I forgot about the high humidity and heat in Merida this days.

Room Tip: Pool view from the king size room have the necessary privacy to rest.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

It is a very charmin property with a great character and architecture. we really enjoy the food, the pool and the gardens, all the place is full of details (I love he candels light); the devotion of service we receive from the employee and Luis the manager was really good, looks like they are very experienced and know all the main places to visit in town and surroundings, this boutique hotel is highly recommended. We definitely will back to this place.

Room Tip: The room upstairs with the private terrace is lovely.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were at this beautiful villa in merida's downtown. We are very satisfied with our experience there, doesn't matter we are demanding guest when we travel in family, the staf always keep aware of our needs and was very charming and cool. We enjoy a lot the pool and the relaxing inside the house, is very silent and fresh. The kitchen is delicious, the Chef Luigui cook for us a couple of special meals not included is his menu (Moli Poblano e Enchilada Verde) the breakfast was served around the pool, where you can be surprised by some birds singing and flying around. We felt really comfortable at this place.

Room Tip: we suggest to choose the Family Room in second floor, is very comfortable and ample.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Rockport, Texas, USA
Reviewed 21 August 2013

After a long period of stress at work I decided to take some days off. Long ago I wanted to visit Merida in Mexico, I couldn't find a better city to visit and a better Hotel to stay in. Hotel Villa Merida brought me into a peaceful enviroment, sourrounded of nature and a warm welcoming. I enjoyed very much my room, I did love spending time in the swimming pool. I got time and silence to read that book I wanted to enjoy months ago. I just found what I wanted for my vacation.
I highly recommend Hotel Villa Merida and encourage people to taste the great meals they serve. Just delicious!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Progreso, Mexico
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We spend a couple of nights at Villa Merida, you can't imagine from the exterior of the place the magnificent arquitecture and devotion of service you receive inside, the price value is very convinient, but the best part is we have new friends in Merida, Louis the Manager and Alam, take care of us and help us to organice a very complete agenda (This is our first time in Merida) taking a big picture of the paceful, security, beauty and culture in this place... we will back soon to celebrate we discover Merida and this lovely place... now we will stay a few days on the coast where teh big guys suggest to explore the natural places around. Raul and Jen.

Room Tip: we recommend the honeymooners suite upstairs, have a private space in the roof very romantic... we m...
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had a nice stay at the Villa Merida Hotel, the attention towards the costumer is excellent, we felt that we were having a second honey moon, the rooms are spacious and clean, we went out to have breakfast, but the dinner at the Villa Merida Hotel was very nice on a romantic atmosphere, I highly recommend it if your are looking for a professional and personal service

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple