“What a surprise!!!!! $50.00 plus suite upgrade!!! I have seen a dozen inns...this is it!”
Review of Hotel Santa Ana

Hotel Santa Ana
Ranked #42 of 103 Hotels in Merida
GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have been traveling to Mexico, Cancun, Isla Mujeres and Merida, for business and pleasure...mixed. My usual hotel in downtown Merida was under construction/renovation and I had to get the hell out. 8 am the noise was horrible. I was referred by my concierge to Hotel Santa Ana and thought I was going to a dump. Wow! What a surprise. There is not a better price to quality ratio hotel than the Santa Ana and they showed me the fun that I could have in and around Merida. Merida is full of Americans, excellent food, and is the safest city in all of Mexico (US State Dept). Two hours of easy no-traffic driving to Cancun Merida is perfect. I was given more personal service, better accomodations and they even have a state of the art water filter system that blows away any city water anywhere besides Colorado.

I had more fun, the manager gave me his computer (my laptop broken by last hotel) and didn't mention a word about them being on trip advisor. I found this on the outside chance it was here. I rate 4.5 for overall stay and a 5+ for quality to price and personal service. They even gave me free rides when I was in a hurry.

Merida??? I really didn't have friends there. Just biz and great food. Now I consider the staff friends and have all their numbers.

Reason is now friends, they all know my name, price is way too low....$250 to $400 in Cancun, Cozumel or in USA and business reasons. I may buy into this hotel, I could keep it full with just friends and family!!! Not joking.

Kevin D. Ferrell
Marina Paraiso y Club de Yates former owner, Senor frogs, IMC (Google IMC website IMC Heathcare Nasdaq CERN)

Room Tip: I have only stayed in one room but will update as I make my monthly trips. You gotta go fisin. I did...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Santa Ana, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our property. One thing you mention is very true, you made fast friends of the staff here and we all await your return. The room you refer to as a Suite is actually our Deluxe Accommodation but very glad to hear it was acceptable to you.
We all look forward to your return and stand ready to respond to any requests you may have.

Te Amigo en Merida
Tomás

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is classic and classy without being pretentious. The staff clearly understands what hospitality is all about. Rooms are lovely and comfortable. The food and service supurb.I enjoyed my stay immensely and plan on staying again.

• Stayed February 2014
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Santa Ana, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Sir, Thank you very much for taking a moment to review our property. I am very happy to hear your were satisfied with your stay. Our staff always works hard to address your needs and will be glad to hear they met your standards. After all, service of our guests is our first mission. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our city. When you recommend us to friends please ask them to mention your name. In the meantime, stay well our friend
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Clean, comfortable, personable, safe & convenient location. Downright enjoyable and relaxing; everything I want in a small, independent boutique hotel. Absolutely a destination I look forward to returning someday and can recommend without any hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thomas B, Manager at Hotel Santa Ana, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It makes us happy to know you were pleased as it means we are doing our job of putting you first. We all look forward to your return and remember of you have any friends visit to be sure they mention you.

Best in all your travels
Thomas
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Overall experience was awesome. The staff was great, treated us like family, anything you need they take care of no problem. Love the old feel to it, nice quaint pool. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any one visiting.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Steven

I am glad to hear we made you feel like family, that is what we try to do. look forward to seeing you again and thank you for taking a moment to rate our hotel. Clients like you are the reason we exist.
Mahahual, Mexico
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This charming little hotel is located very near all the action of Merida. The courtyard is very nice, and the rooms are old but clean. It's located in a very quiet location with restaurants nearby and the hotel even has free parking and wifi.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunlovers4ever
Thomas B, Manager at Hotel Santa Ana, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are always open to comments and suggestions from our guests. After all, you are the reason we are here. Hope you visit us again on your next trip to Merida
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 2 February 2012

A very nice place. We found Santa Ana hotel when we arrived in Merida and was a really a good choice, near to the center and near to the paseo montejo. The structure is colorful and relaxing, have a little garden with swimming pool where to rest after a walk on the city or a trip in the hinterland (Cuzuma, Uxumal, Progreso). The chambers are very clean, people kind and helpful. I really suggest this place also for the good balance quality/price. Enjoy Mexico…

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank annsail
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Santa Ana, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and want you to know that the Hotel has been renovated since you were here. I hope you have the chance to return and see all the improvements we have made.
Cozumel, Mexico
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I have had friends stay here, but a first more me! You will likely be greeted by Dulce, the long time desk clerk, who will make you feel welcome. Her english is limited but she will go out of her way to try. I arrived at 730AM and no problem getting my room.
For a small, budget hotel, the Santa Ana has a lot to offer. They offer a/c rooms, cable tv, a small pool and wireless internet (do check the signal in your room--the signal comes from the lobby and can be lots of twists and turns to your room),
The rooms are simple but nicely done and spotless. Nice beds--firm but not too firm. Electrical outlets are very limited--I was happy I had an extension cord. Free morning coffee in a nice poolside area with tables and chairs. A nice place to bring you takeout if you want to dine in.
In my opinion, one of Meridas nicest areas. Half block form Santa Ana park with many restaurants and outdoor dining establishments. About 2 blocks from Meridas beautiful Paseo Montejo.
I would recommend to anyone. A great value in a great city.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
6 Thank RobertSDF
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Santa Ana, responded to this review, 25 February 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Your comments are certainly appriciated and we like to receive word from all our guests wether it is good or bad. Customer comments only make us better. We take pride in providing a low cost yet clean, secure and friendly enviroment for our guests.
Enjoy the remainder of your travels and if there is anything I can do for you please contact me. Once a guest always a guest is my motto.